Roundcube display name & email

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bswinnerton, Aug 27, 2008.

1. bswinnerton

bswinnerton New Member

Hey guys,

Just wondering if there is a way in roundcube to have it pull the "Real name" from ISPConfig and the email address from ISPConfig, so that when I set up a new email user it doesn't say domain.com_user for Display Name and [email protected] for the email address.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

2. topdog

topdog Active Member

Can you not do that in the mail identities ?

3. bswinnerton

bswinnerton New Member

In roundcube? Yes, you can but i would like it to do it by default because not all of my users are all that tech savvy and wouldnt know to go to identities =)

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I don't know where RoundCube pulls its details from, but you can fetch the email address and name from the ISPConfig database. This means you'd have to modify the RoundCube sources (I've never used RoundCube, so I can't say more about this).

5. topdog

topdog Active Member

Roundcube stores its details in a DB (mysql/pgsql/sqlite) may be you could have a hook in ISPconfig to populate that field in the roundcube db.

Oh the user can write a script to pull info from one db and populate the other in cron for example.

6. pattyjay

pattyjay New Member

i am having the exact same problem.. i dont understand where it is getting the values from, why cannot it get it from isp config... it is a pain as a reseller i now have to go through and manually change every user, surely there has to be a better way

7. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

With RoundCube 0.2 Beta only this works:

1) Create a user for the website in ISPConfig
    2) Login into RoundCube with the Login name and password as defined in ISPConfig for the mailuser.
    3) Go to the identities tab within RoundCube, there you see:

Loginname: as defined in ISPConfig
    E-mail address: [email protected]

Displaying the realname is not possible indeed.
    Personally, i think it is not a real problem, because everything works.
    If the user doesn't like the the name which is displayed, it can be modified easily.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  8. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

I did a small code hack for this some time ago.
    Not sure if it will still work.
    Have a look here: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showpost.php?p=65912&postcount=29
    and here: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34694&postcount=51

Again. I'm not sure if this will still work. I'm not using Roundcube anymore!

9. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

@Edge,
    Thanks for the tip. It is worth a try for those who are interested
    By the way is there any reason that you don't use RC anymore?