Roundcube doesnt send emails

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by andyhelid, May 20, 2022.

1. andyhelid

andyhelid New Member

Hello,
    I followed several times this perfect server article and I still am unable to send emails. My setup:
    Test Ubuntu server hosted on my machine using Vmware. The domain I'm trying to use is domain.com and I have entries to hosts file that points it to this server. After finishing the guide everything works fine, apart from being able to send emails within the same domain, example from [email protected] to [email protected] - both mailboxes created and passwords are correct.

mailq gives the following:
    Code:
    73F16602A2      565 Fri May 20 10:26:50  [email protected]
    (host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 451 4.5.0 id=01721-01 - Temporary MTA failure on relaying, From MTA() during fwd-connect (All attempts (1) failed connecting to smtp:127.0.0.1:*): id=01721-01 (in reply to end of DATA command))
                                             [email protected]

I tried removing AV, also increased the memory size of the machine, no luck.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Post ISPConfig questions on ISPConfig forum.
    Then start with this: https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/please-read-before-posting.58408/
    My signature has link to e-mail setup with ISPConfig Tutorial.
    What does mail log say about the attempt to send that e-mail?
    Is that the only thing that is not working? So you can send to everywhere else?

3. andyhelid

andyhelid New Member

Hello, thank you for the reply and apologies for posting in the wrong section. To clarify, this is an isolated system I am building for a subject at school. It is hosted in my machine, it does have outgoing internet connection but I dont intent it to make public anywhere, is only for education purposes. After following the instruction I am unable to send any emails anywhere. So sending of emails is not working. I tested this with the following:
    Test 1: On ISPConfig I created a new site: domain.com and I created two email accounts [email protected] and [email protected]. Trying to send emails between this two accounts fails with the error I shared above.
    Test 2: On ISPConfig I created two new site: domain.com and domain2.com. I created two email accounts [email protected] and [email protected]. Trying to send emails between this two accounts fails with the error I shared above.

Per your request, below the notes of mail:
    Code:
    May 20 14:43:18 web amavis[1721]: (01721-12) Blocked MTA-BLOCKED {TempFailedOutbound}, ORIGINATING LOCAL [127.0.0.1] <[email protected]> -> <[email protected]>, Message-ID: <[email protected]>, mail_id: VxSJ5RqnTKb9, Hits: -0.198, size: 567, 421 ms
    May 20 14:43:18 web postfix/lmtp[20167]: EC9C065D99: to=<[email protected]>, relay=127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10026, delay=0.48, delays=0.03/0.02/0.01/0.42, dsn=4.5.0, status=deferred (host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 451 4.5.0 id=01721-12 - Temporary MTA failure on relaying, From MTA() during fwd-connect (All attempts (1) failed connecting to smtp:127.0.0.1:*): id=01721-12 (in reply to end of DATA command))
    May 20 14:43:18 web dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, mpid=20174, secured, session=<t2LggnLftsl/AAAB>
    May 20 14:43:18 web dovecot: imap([email protected])<20174><t2LggnLftsl/AAAB>: Logged out in=70 out=668 deleted=0 expunged=0 trashed=0 hdr_count=0 hdr_bytes=0 body_count=0 body_bytes=0
    May 20 14:43:18 web dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, mpid=20176, secured, session=<yxHkgnLfuMl/AAAB>
    May 20 14:43:18 web dovecot: imap([email protected])<20176><yxHkgnLfuMl/AAAB>: Logged out in=316 out=1548 deleted=0 expunged=0 trashed=0 hdr_count=1 hdr_bytes=246 body_count=0 body_bytes=0
    May 20 14:43:18 web dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, mpid=20178, secured, session=<bHvkgnLfusl/AAAB>
    May 20 14:43:18 web dovecot: imap([email protected])<20178><bHvkgnLfusl/AAAB>: Logged out in=120 out=801 deleted=0 expunged=0 trashed=0 hdr_count=0 hdr_bytes=0 body_count=0 body_bytes=0
    May 20 14:43:39 web dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, mpid=20190, secured, session=<Pj4YhHLfvMl/AAAB>
    May 20 14:43:39 web dovecot: imap([email protected])<20190><Pj4YhHLfvMl/AAAB>: Logged out in=117 out=1025 deleted=0 expunged=0 trashed=0 hdr_count=0 hdr_bytes=0 body_count=0 body_bytes=0

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

5. andyhelid

andyhelid New Member

Thanks for your reply. The issue looks similar. I tried the solution provided on the other threat but it didnt solve my problem.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

A site in ISPConfig is a website, it is not email-related. What you have to do is to create one or more email domains and then create mailboxes (mail users) in these email domains.

7. andyhelid

andyhelid New Member

Thanks for the reply. Apologies if I expressed myself wrongly. I have been using ISPConfig for about 4 years so I am very familiar with the basics. Indeed, thats how I setup the email, by creating the email domains. The issue is not related to that, obviously.

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you install amavis or rspamd as mail filter? The guide you used uses amavis, so your system should be set to amavis as spamfilter under System > server config and not to rspamd.

If that's correct, then please post your postfix master.cf file.

9. andyhelid

andyhelid New Member

Hello, I followed the perfect server guide rigorously at least 5 times, with the same issue all the time for the past 2 days. I havent made any other changes.
    Attached master.cf

Attached Files:

10. Jesse Norell

Your master.cf shows the same absence or port 10025 and 10027 as the other thread, and the options to correct it would be the same. What did you do which did not work?

11. andyhelid

andyhelid New Member

You comment on the other post was:
    I went to ISPConfig - System - and changed Content Filter to rspamd and back to amavis, but it didnt fix anything.

Please, I am in urgent need to get this fixed. If you think the guide I followed has some errors, can you post the correct solution? I am still very confused what has to be done, and everyone on this threat is talking about something different.

12. Jesse Norell

Re-run the installer (ispconfig_update.sh --force) and have it reconfigure services. I wasn't sure if changing the content filter would set that or not, but as you confirmed (and I just verified by checking the server plugin), it does not.

andyhelid likes this.
  13. andyhelid

andyhelid New Member

Oh man, you just made my day!!!!
    Finally it's working. "ispconfig_update.sh --force " and now I am able to send and receive emails. Thumbs up!