Roundcube installation help..

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by xciso, Dec 18, 2012.

1. xciso

xciso Member

Hello.
    I have now installed ispConfig on my vps server.
    Now i want to install roundcube and i try to follow this guide:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-install-roundcube-0.7-for-ispconfig-3-on-debian-squeeze

But i dont understand this:
    With MySQL you can set up the database by issuing the following commands:

Code:
    CREATE DATABASE roundcubemail;
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON roundcubemail.* TO username@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
    (of course you have to replace the database, username and password accordingly)

What is it i should change? Cant the database be called "roundcubemail".

Thanks!

2. rwins

rwins New Member

Edit and set the file config/db.inc.php on your folder roundcube instalation

[...]
    $rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = '';
    [...]
    To :
    [...]
    $rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://username:your-password@localhost/roundcubemail';
    [...]

Edit and set the file config/main.inc.php

From
    [...]
    $rcmail_config['enable_installer'] = false;
    [...]
    To
    [...]
    $rcmail_config['enable_installer'] = true;
    [...]

After that Browse on
    http://your-domain.com/installer/?_step=1

Follow the intruction ...

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  3. fbsoft

fbsoft New Member

What he said, of course in the sql command you should personalize your user and password
    so to do so, log into your sql command line ( mysql -u root -p if you've set a sql password or mysql -u root if you haven't )
    and then type the commands from the tutorial but personalize them...

so...
    Code:
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON roundcubemail.* TO roundcubeuser@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
    where...
    Rouncubeuser is the actual user like root or anyother one ( let's say we'll change it to roundcubetest )
    Password : is the actual password used to log into that database, so you should not leave password of course... you can and must change it, (lets say it would be 123456 )

the final code for sql would be ,

Code:
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON roundcubemail.* TO roundcubetest@localhost IDENTIFIED BY '123456';

afterwards in the config files also go to the step where it asks for info about you SQL server, there at the username input "roundcubeuser" ( in my example is roundcubetest )
    password as well ( in my ex is 123456 ) and the server is of course localhost aka 127.0.0.1

LE: you can change the DB's name as well

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013