Roundcube limits file uploads to 5M

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by decentris, Aug 8, 2024.

1. decentris

decentris Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi team!

I already searched the forum, because I have seen, this is an issue, which was posted quite often.

But in my case I tried everything which was suggested in the other postings: set the post_max_size and upload_max_filesize to higher values in all php.inis of all php versions installed (yes, also in fpm and apache2 folders) and also the max_message_size parameter in roundcube defaults.inc.php is set to an according value. And yes, I, of course, restarted all services.

But still the roundcube frontend won't let me add a file attachment larger than 5M. What may I have overlooked?

Thx for your valued help in advance.

Best,
    Hannes

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You must increase the PHP file upload limit. On older installs, its the apache2 php.ini, on recent installs its the php-fpm upload file limit. Afterwards, apache and php-fpm process must be restarted.

3. decentris

Yes, I see, but where do I find those php.inis? There are a lot of them in various locations. I already changed php.ini in the /etc/php/"phpversion"/apache2 and n the /etc/php/"phpversion"/fpm folders, but with no effect. And, of course, I restarted the php-fpm process afterwards.

4. till

You can try to put a info.php filewith phpinfo() function in the roundcube folder, cal it in a browser, to see the exact path of the php.ini that is used. The folder to put the info.php file is likely /var/lib/roundcube/

5. decentris

Good idea and (like I suspected) it produced the php.ini of the standard php version I set and there the respective values have enough value:

memory_limit = 1024M
    post_max_size = 512M
    upload_max_filesize = 256M

6. till

Maybe you did not restart the right php-fpm dameon, or did not restart apache? Does the phpinfo output show the values that were changed? If nothing else helps, reboot the system if possible.

7. decentris

Ah, but when I check the phpinfo page, there is a "Local" Value and a "Master" Value. The master value is set to the above values but the local value is the one showing the low values, which need to be changed.

8. decentris

But I simply have no clue, where these "Local" values are set.

9. decentris

Hah! I found it! "Local" value, that was the clue. It was a value directly set in "/etc/roundcube/htaccess", which overrode the master value. Thx for the clue with the phpinfo(). That led me to the right track!

Thank you, Till! :)

till likes this.