RoundCube Max upload file size, ispconfig3, php7

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by Gino Carpanetti D., Sep 23, 2016.

1. Gino Carpanetti D.

Gino Carpanetti D. New Member

Hello everyone.
    This is my first post so i apologise if i am posting in the wrong place or if i break some protocol.
    Also english is not my native language so sorry about that too.
    I don't know if this is already posted but i hope it helps someone because it took me a while to find it out.
    I followed the "the perfect server" tutorial for Ubuntu 16.04 inside an Azure VM. After a couple days someone asked me to increase the upload file size.
    I inmediately went to the apache2 folder and modified the php.ini file but i didn't work, didn't work also for the php.ini inside the cli, fpm and other folders.
    Anyway, i tried several things and, in the end, i made an experiment (Since i don't have advanced skils in programming).
    In many places said that you should increase the upload_max_filesize parameter inside the .htaccess file in /etc/roundcube. I did it but it doesn't work.
    Then i noticed that the module inside the file says:
    <IfModule mod_php5.c>
    But i had installed php7.0 from the tutorial.
    I tried changing it to
    <IfModule mod_php7.0.c>
    didn't work either...
    finally i tried
    <IfModule mod_php7.c> and everithing worked perfect, now i can atach files up to 50MB
    i hope it helps someone, bye.
    PD: I tried with no success to install aditional php versions following tutorial:
    https://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-u...fpm-and-fastcgi-with-ispconfig-3-ubuntu-12.10
    But i had touble with the repositories or something related to the 16.04 version, when i have more time i will try ir again and maby post if something interesting comes out.

hsluis likes this.
  2. CreeWarrior

CreeWarrior Member

I think that those changes are meant to be done in the ispconfig control panel. SITE> then chose the domain you what to change then select the option tab there you can enter custom php setting as well as apache directives. I was wondering if it was the email file attachment size they were talking about or the upload_max_filesize in the php.ini settings . You can just add this to the custom php.ini settings to change the upload. Change the value to what you need.

upload_max_filesize = 250M

3. Gino Carpanetti D.

Hi CreeWarrior and thanks for your reply. I tried to solve the problem by the way you say, by editing the site in the Ispconfig Control panel directly but it did not work. Maby if i had just changed the version in the "IfModule" (from 5 to 7) without changing the size and then try the regular way it would have be an more elegant solution.
    Bye.

4. loonatik

loonatik New Member

Did you try change them in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini or /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini?

5. Gino Carpanetti D.

Hello, yes i tried in php7 since i didn't had version 5 installed.

6. fatmike

fatmike Member

When making changes to a website via ISPConfig by adding Custom PHP rules a web*.conf file is generated and placed in /etc/php/7.*/fpm/pool.d directory.
    That .ini does not affect anything outside your web application.
    For email clients and roundcube you have to change /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini as mentoned above.

Last edited: May 31, 2019