RoundCube Password Change (ISPConfig Addon)

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by João Varanda, Aug 24, 2018.

1. João Varanda

João Varanda New Member

I've tried installing the ispconfig addon that allows users to perform various actions from their emails in the roundcube, I followed this tutorial so that nothing would fail, but in the end nothing was working.
    From what I've been checking on the date of the addon files, the most upgraded roundcube may not be compatible, since in the old setup files, roundcube used $rcmail_config [' '] and now uses only $config [' '].
    I hope administrators / programmers are aware of this, as there are certainly people who are trying to use the tool without it being able to work correctly with recent versions of the roundcube.
    Thank you.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

What are the version numbers of old and new Roundcube?

3. Taleman

Are you absolutely sure $rcmail_config is now $config? I can not find any mention on this in release notes up to Roundcube version 1.3.7, which was released 27 July 2018.

4. João Varanda

João Varanda New Member

Yes, I'm sure about that, check the images bellow:
    One is the config file of RoundCube 0.9 and the other of RoundCube 1.3.7
    As you can see the name file is different too
    RoundCube 0.9 Config File:
    [​IMG]

RoundCube 1.3.7 Config File:
    [​IMG]

5. Taleman

I admit you are right. But the change has happened a long time ago, between version 0.9 and 1.2.3. Good thing to note this so old tutorials can be fixed accordingly.

João Varanda likes this.
  6. João Varanda

João Varanda New Member

Thanks for the consideration.
    We thank you as soon as it is appropriate to correct the tutorials so that everyone can use the tool.
    Thank you.

7. João Varanda

João Varanda New Member

Hello hello,
    Have updates about this subject?

8. Taleman

9. Vincent Emmanuel

Vincent Emmanuel New Member

After going throught the tutorial, the account is still not showing in roundcube. Any suggestions?

10. Taleman

Do you mean in Roundcube Settings there is not Account item in the left panel bottom?
    There are troubleshooting instructions in the Tutorial, have you followed them?

11. Vincent Emmanuel

Vincent Emmanuel New Member

Yes, there's nothing there.
    I followed the troubleshooting guide which is to copy all the folders to the plugin directory and still there's nothing.

upload_2019-1-30_22-54-19.png

12. Taleman

That copying may confuse things further. If you follow the tutorial correctly, the plugins are in the right place.
    Youd did not mention what is your OS and what version plugins and roundcube.

13. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

i'm not sure about 1.3.7, i'm still using the ubuntu 18.04 official repo, which currently still installs 1.3.6
    in that one it doesn't seem to matter whether you use config or rcmail. i have this in /etc/roundcube/config.inc.php

$config['plugins'] = array(
    );
    // skin name: folder from skins/
    $config['skin'] = 'larry';
    // Disable spellchecking
    // Debian: spellshecking needs additional packages to be installed, or calling external APIs
    // see defaults.inc.php for additional informations
    $config['enable_spellcheck'] = false;
    $rcmail_config['plugins'] = array("mobile", "archive","zipdownload","jqueryui", "ispconfig3_account", "ispconfig3_autore
    ply", "ispconfig3_pass", "ispconfig3_spam", "ispconfig3_fetchmail", "ispconfig3_filter", "ispconfig3_forward", "ispconfig3_wblist");

which definitely works.

have you checked the settings in plugins/ispconfig3_account/config/config.inc.php
    also check you can access the database from the server running roundcube.
    also check you can connect to the soap api url from that server.

from experience, the wrong settings, or a self-signed cert asking for an exception will block ispconfig access. although you can log into webmail, it either won't show the options in the interface, or the options are visible but you can't save any changes.

14. recin

recin Active Member

Where are you copying the plugins?
    There are several roundcube plugins folders.
    For me plugins only work from /var/lib/roundcube/plugins

15. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

roundcube installs to /usr/share/roundcube (ubuntu 18.04).
    you can install the plugins to /usr/share/roundcube/plugins and symlink to them in /var/lib/roundcube/plugins.
    the plugins that are already installed by the rouncube install itself are done this way as well.