Roundcube problems

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ffrcaraballo, Sep 16, 2020.

1. ffrcaraballo

ffrcaraballo New Member

I can't get roundcube to port 8080 with ispconfig
    I only get it to work on port 8081
    I followed the installation step by step from here
    https://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-debian-10-nginx-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3.1/
    The permissions are as it says on that page
    Errors in the logs:

2020/09/16 15:21:51 [error] 553#553: *6 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: file_put_contents(/var/log/roundcube/errors): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1259PHP message: PHP Warning: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1364PHP message: PHP Warning: file_put_contents(/var/log/roundcube/errors): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1259PHP message: PHP Warning: config.inc.php was not found. in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1364" while reading response header from upstream, client: xxx.xx.xx.xx, server: _, request: "GET /squirrelmail/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/lib/php7.3-fpm/ispconfig.sock:", host: "xx.xx.xx.x:8080"

As I wrote above the permissions are as it says in the step by step.

Regards
    Someone had this problem, how do I solve it?

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I don't currently use nginx, but it is my understanding that you are seeing the expected/correct behavior, a separate "apps" server is required with nginx (and is optional with apache).

3. ffrcaraballo

ffrcaraballo New Member

I did not understand your answer. What does it mean
    "a separate "apps" server is required with nginx (and is optional with apache)."

Regards

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Sorry, I mean the use of port 8081 for other applications like roundcube or phpmyadmin. (A separate apps "vhost" is more accurate.)

5. ffrcaraballo

ffrcaraballo New Member

I get this error on port ispconfig

CONFIGURATION ERROR

config.inc.php was not found.
    Please read the INSTALL instructions!

6. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If you want to open RC (or PMA) via port 8080, all you need to do is copy its lines from apps.vhost to ispconfig.vhost the restart nginx.

It is however advisable to separate apps to port 8081 in nginx.