Roundcube update

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by pecka33, Oct 26, 2022.

1. pecka33

pecka33 Member

Hello,
    is here anybody with experience about update roundcube to latest version? Exactly from
    1.4.10 to 1.6.0?

Any tutorial/manual with safety update? Can not found something like this.

Thank you.

2. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. pecka33

pecka33 Member

Thank you. Can i use this tutorial in case i have installed roundcube 1.4.13?

Probably i have to do jsut this?

Code:
    cd ~
    wget https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/releases/download/1.6.0/roundcubemail-1.6.0-complete.tar.gz
    tar -xvf roundcubemail-1.6.0-complete.tar.gz
    cd roundcubemail-1.6.0
    mkdir /usr/share/roundcube/config
    ./bin/installto.sh /usr/share/roundcube
    cd /usr/share/roundcube
    chown -R root:root  *
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       checking with a browser  http://ip/roundcube/installer that all requirements are met threw up a few issues.                                                                                                     
    firstly to  make sure that that url is  reachable
    cd /var/lib/roundcube
    ln -s /usr/share/roundcube/installer installer

4. nhybgtvfr

it shouldn't matter what version is already installed.

you should also enable the elastic skin and make it the default. the other skins aren't responsive and don't work well if viewed on a mobile.

5. pecka33

pecka33 Member

Thank you. I did upgrade. All works fine,login, change settings etc. but i can not sent emails.

I get error in error log
    Code:
    CHUNKING (Code: 250) in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1795 (POST /webmail/?_task=mail&_unlock=loading1667297728943&_framed=1&_action=send)
    [01-Nov-2022 11:16:32 +0100]: <ofvk3co6> PHP Error: SMTP server does not support authentication (POST /webmail/?_task=mail&_unlock=loading1667297792335&_framed=1&_action=send)
    [01-Nov-2022 11:16:32 +0100]: <ofvk3co6> SMTP Error: Authentication failure: host.xx.tld

etc

Any idea?

6. nhybgtvfr

double check the smtp server settings in your roundcube config

7. pecka33

pecka33 Member

Thank you. Yes i know about it and check this settings manytimes. I check settings with roudcube 1.4.13 whe all working fine and smtp settings are same.

8. nhybgtvfr

9. pecka33

pecka33 Member

Thank you. This is what i was tried first, looking on google and did all changes what i found, but does not works for me. Settings for smtp is exactly same as for my older 1.4.13 and there is working all fine.

E: Solved, i have to set SSL in roundcube config files.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
    ahrasis and till like this.