RoundCube version 0.3-stable package for ISPConfig2

Discussion in 'General' started by Hans, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

On Friday 04-09-2009 RoundCube version 0.3-stable has been released. Based on this new stable version i built a new package for ISPConfig2.
    RoundCube 0.3-stable comes with the new plugin-API for flexible extensions. Click here for the full feature list.
    The package can be downloaded here.

Please read the available readme file for install/upgrade instructions.

:)

Attached Files:

2. unsichtbare

unsichtbare Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thanks for the new package! I am having some trouble logging-in after install, it just seems to go to a blank page.

I followed the install instructions:
    Removed old files, OK
    Installed new package, OK
    See login page, but nothing thereafter

The only error in the log is:
    Code:
    [06-Sep-2009 09:50:19] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function utf8_encode() in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail/program/include/rcube_mdb2.php on line 585
    One time each time I try to log-in

Any ideas?
    -J

3. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Some hints to get it working

I've tested the RoundCube package on two different Debian Lenny servers and in both situations the RC package works fine.
    So don't think there is anything wrong with the roundcube package.

It also might be that you've a cache problem, maybe restarting ispconfig by executing the command /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server restart
    (I remember that this helped in the passed with previous versions of RoundCube and also phpMyAdmin.

It is very important that your server offers all the system requirements for RoundCube.
    You can check if that is the case by enabling the RoundCube installer tool.
    The installer tool can be found at URL http://www.example.tld:81/roundcube/installer
    If you go to that URL, you will see the message:
    "The installer is disabled! To enable it again, set $rcmail_config['enable_installer'] = true; in RCMAIL_CONFIG_DIR/main.inc.php"
    So login into your server as root, open the file main.inc.php and change the line $rcmail_config['enable_installer'] = true; into $rcmail_config['enable_installer'] = false;
    Now point to the installer URL again at http://www.example.tld:81/roundcube/installer.
    The RoundCube installer tells you anything wich is wrong and why RoundCube might not work.
    Important: After changing your server configuration, lock the installer tool again!

4. unsichtbare

Thanks for the quick reply! I am certain it is not the package and has something to do with my install so:

I enabled the installer and checked and got the following results:
    Unfortunatly, I can find no info about instaling DOM or XML onto my Ubuntu, and wouldn't that be part of the ISPConfig instance of Apachr anyway?

-J

5. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

As far as i know since ISPConfig 2.2.24, php5 which comes with ISPConfig provides DOM-XML support out of the box.
    So i don't know what could be wrong.
    Maybe Till and/or Falko can give you some information about this.

6. JeGr

JeGr Member

Wow that was a fast release! You're my personal hero. Thank you!!

7. unsichtbare

I upgraded to ISPConfig 2.2.33 and still no go. I get the same message about DOM and XML "NOT OK."

BTW, the signature on my posts is not quite right, I am trying this first on my dev server which runs on Ubuntu 8.10 (fully patched). COuld that make a difference?
    -J

8. unsichtbare

Solved

OK, even though I thought I did a "perfect install" according to the instructions, apparently I left out libxml2-dev. Here's how I fixed it and got the new, better, roundcube working:
    Code:
    apt-get install libxml2-dev
    cd /tmp
    wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ispconfig/ISPConfig-2.2.33.tar.gz?download
    tar -xzf ISPConfig-2.2.33.tar.gz
    cd install_ispconfig/
    ./setup

Although I had already installed ISPConfig Ver 2.2.33, I simply re-installed it to enable XML support.

-J

9. cougarmaster

cougarmaster New Member

Tks!

Yes this works! Tks!

Eric

10. matrixn

matrixn New Member

is there any way to change the password without using http://xx.xx:81/mailuser/ ?? i mean an addon for roundcube3 running on ISPConfig 2.2.33 ??

11. JeGr

JeGr Member

Quick Addition

Hello Again ;)

I have a quick addition to the RoundCube 3 package from Hans:
    It seems the way roundcube reads the data (from the postfix virtusertable) changed a bit to the 2.x version (or it hasn't caught my attention then). But if a new user logs into RC, his/her identities are "imported" from the virtusertable. But those include the unwanted "webXY_name@domain" style adresses and the ones with "[email protected]". I checked Hans' howto on howtoforge and it doesn't match anymore (modification of the 'trim' line). So like ISPConfig 2.x creates users in the virtusertable, it seems the "original" adress is the last one in the file (not including the one with the webXY user). So I made those modifications here:

In /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail/program/include/rcube_user.php in line 548 make the following changes:

Code:
          if (empty($line) || $line{0}=='#' || strpos($line, '@www') !== false || preg_match('/^web[0-9]{1,}_/' , $line) != 0)
    and in line 555:

Code:
        return array_reverse($result);
    This does two things: the first modification adds checking, if a line in the postfix virtusertable is either a 'webXY' style e-mail adress (mostly unwanted) or if the domain part of that e-mail adress starts with 'www.' (mostly unwanted, too) and filters out those types.

The last one reverses the array of email-adresses so the "main" adress of the account is on top of the aliases (in my test cases, every alias entry was before the main entry - perhaps in other ISPConfig versions that's not the case?).

What are the implications?

If a user logs into your RC the first time, his identities are imported and only those mail adresses you really want ([email protected]) are imported into RCs identity tab. I also recommend modifying the main.inc.php in '/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail/config/' and search for

Code:
    $rcmail_config['plugins'] = array();
    and change it to

Code:
    $rcmail_config['plugins'] = array(new_user_identity);
    This activates the new "User Identity" Plugin of RCs 0.3 new Plugin API. The Plugin checks, if the user already has a RC profile (in the SQLite DB) and if not displays a nice AJAX dialogue which politely asks the user to modify/enter his "default identity" (so he can change the name from webXY_name to his/her real name).

This changes can be applied to a "normal" RC 0.3 installation, too (for those running it on port 80 in a normal web instead of the package-way).

Perhaps Hans can - as he already delivers the package preconfigured with a few values - double-check those things and include them (if wanted) into his package changes for the next RC version :)

Greety
    Jens

12. Zingaro2002

Zingaro2002 New Member

address book disappeared

Hi!
    I installed 0.3 roundcube package on my Ispconfig 2.2.33 (on ubuntu 8.04) following these instructions:
    http://ispconfig.bb-hosting.org/downloads/roundcube/Readme-RoundCube.txt

(I copied roundcube mysql db (even if it semmed empty) and the files and directories before deleting them)

My previous installation (roundcube 0.2.1) was made manually.

After installing the package everything seems to work fine (I can send e-mails and read received e-mails) but I have some big problems:
    -) all entries in my address book have disappeared!!!
    -) my signature has disappeared!!! (ok, this is not a big problem)
    -) on Identities tab my first identity is still [email protected], even if I applied the hint above from Grey

What happened?
    It seems that all my previous settings have have disappeared! Why?
    How can I have back my address book? Where is it saved?

Thanks for any hint (this web mail is wonderful, but this problem is a real pain in the ass...)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  13. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

After removing the previous package and installing the new package, the SQLite db will be overwritten. This means that you loose all your user preferences and the content of your addressbook as well.

This is inherent by upgrading in this way.

14. Zingaro2002

Zingaro2002 New Member

well... I think I solved my problem.
    I renamed
    /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail/sqlite.db
    to something else and then I put my previous sqlite.db (retrieved from backup) inside
    /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail/
    and... voilà!!!
    I had back my settings, my signatures and my complete address book!
    Identities tab now displays ONLY my correct e-mail address!
    (GOD bless who created backups!)

My question is... why did nobody tell about this?
    My previous sqlite.db was made using roundcube 0.2.1... will I have problems using it on 0.3 version?
    Thanks for any info!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  15. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

As far as i know, the db stucture from 0.2.1 to 0.3-stable has not been changed. So it might work. However, to be sure, you can check that on http://www.roundcube.net.