Routing all email to a given domain through a relay

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by sjau, Jan 22, 2013.

1. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

Hi there

Currently I have problems with Yahoo as it defers all email. This goes back more than a week ago when one of the accounts got abused for spaming. Ever since, Yahoo has blacklisted my IP and all email sent to yahoo is being deferred.

So I though I could setup a email routing that all email to Yahoo goes through another server. It seems ISPC does have email transport available but I don't quite understand it.

Traditionally I'd make an entry in the postfix main.cf to use a transport map.
    In the transport map I'd enter something like: yahoo.com :[myother.server.com]
    And finally I'd use smtp_sasl_password_maps to create an entry for myother.server.com with username and password.

However in the ISPC I don't see any kind of username password entry.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The transport map is what you find in ispconfig mail module under transports, so you can create the transport there.

The smtp_sasl_password_maps has to be configured on the shell. ISPConfig hs this option for a global relay server under System > server config but not for a single transport.

3. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

Meanwhile I just added manually a transport route entry in the main.cf before the ISPC transport_map. I'll have to check if I can get it to work in ISPC :) Thanks for the reply.