rsapmd: /var/lib/amavis/dkim missing on fresh installed mail server

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Spaetzle, May 3, 2020.

1. Spaetzle

Spaetzle Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi
    I am in the process of setting up a new mail server in a multi server environment. I followed the parts of the "The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 18.04" for the mail part, ignoring amavisd-new and SpamAssassin.
    I followed the instructions from "https://www.howtoforge.com/replacing-amavisd-with-rspamd-in-ispconfig/" for setting up rspamd.
    While installing packages I observed a message
    Code:
    usermod: group 'amavis' does not exist

After the installation was completed I checked, the settings for the mail server (System > Server Config > Mail) there I found that as DKIM Path is set to "/var/lib/amavis/dkim" which is missing.
    Do I need to add this folder by hand and what user rights and user/group needs to be set on this folder.
    Do I need to create a group "amavis" and which directories do I need to change the group ownershil to "amavis". Do I need to add rspamd user to group "amavis".
    Or would it be better to install amavisd-new and repeat the configuration of rspamd and ISPConfig?

Regards
    Bernd

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This folder must exist and the amavis group must exist too. Add both and then run an ispconfig update with reconfigure services = yes, this should probably fix the issues.

3. Spaetzle

Spaetzle Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi
    Thanks for the fast response.
    I added the directory and the group and ran ispconfig_update.sh. No errors or warnings showed up.
    The folder is owned by root:root now. On an older installation using amavisd I see that /var/lib/amavis and all it's subfolders are owned by amavis. Do I need to change the ownership too? Are there other folders in need of being created there (db, tmp, virusmail) or are they created if needed?

regards
    Bernd

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to change them to the amavis user and group if the update did not change that. The other folders are most likely not required.