rspamd custom rules

Discussion in 'General' started by pyte, Feb 16, 2024.

1. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    as i use quiet a few custom configurations for rspamd and set them in the config files at /etc/rspamd, is it sufficient to write them to the override.d directory to not interfere with ISPConfig updates?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I think that should be fine.

pyte likes this.
  3. variable99

variable99 Member HowtoForge Supporter

4. pyte

What has that link to do with the question asked?

5. variable99

variable99 Member HowtoForge Supporter

It is a clear example that custom rules work with ISPC. Also, acts as idea for feature in ISPC.
    Does this topic is very strict on what can be posted?

6. pyte

I just seemed very random and the rate limit function is not very custom. I'm talking about overwriting settings for rspamd that are defined in the local.d, modules.d and override.d directory and how the changes there may be affected by updates of ISPConfig.

The integration of more rspamd configuration options into the ISPConfig Panel is a whole other subject and nothing i wanted to discuss in this thread. No offsense. If you want to see a feature in ISPConfig check the Issuetracker if it is already requested or open a Request in the appropriate section here in the forums.

variable99 likes this.
  7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This module from Florian does not really indicate if custom rules work or not. He has most likely implemented it as part of the ISPConfig rspamd config files as it is implemented as part of the ISPConfig GUI.

There are many things that we can implement in the future. But yes, rate limiting has been mentioned before as a feature request, and it's a nice feature to have.

No. But I would not see your post as strictly on-topic as well as it does not answer the question if custom rules in that folder cause issues. If you have ideas for feature requests, then its best to use the feature request forum or even better, use the issue tracker if you have a git.ispconfig.org account. But please always check first if a feature ahs been requested already, if that's the case, you can vote for it instead of adding another request.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
    variable99 likes this.