Rspamd - rewrite subject / add header

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by macguru, Jan 17, 2024.

1. macguru

macguru Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi!

I have "SPAM tag method" as "Rewrite subject" in my spamfilter policy. However, examining rspamd history reveals that some messages have subject being rewritten, while some added header. How rspamd decides when to add header, when to rewrite subject? Basically I'm need only "Rewrite subject".

Thanks in advance
    Andrei

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

A header is likely always added when a email is considered possibly spam as the header allows you to do further filtering in your mail client or via a Sieve rule. The subject is rewritten when the spam score of the email exceeds the level that you have set for rewriting the subject in the spamfilter policy.

3. macguru

macguru Member HowtoForge Supporter

When header is added, message is stored in /var/vmail/mydomain.com/user/Maildir/.Junk?

The problem is that when my colleagues (all in same domain) send messages to each other sometimes rspamd identifies their messages as spam, rewrites header, and message get lost, Apple mail doesn't fetch it. When server rewrites subject they still arrive with subject **SPAM**.... I'm getting just too many complains from my colleagues.
    PS. I did some training in rspamd by uploading sample messages, but this is not a solution, still too many lost mails.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No. Message is stored in junk folder when it was detected as spam and that's when the subject is rewritten.

You can simply change the scores in the policy if the default score cause s false positive sin your setup. But a better approach would be that you check why the messages get detected as spam as other mail servers will detect them as spam too and then solve the cause of the spam detection issue.