Rspamd Settings

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jon, Dec 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. jon

jon Member

I followed this howto: https://www.howtoforge.com/replacing-amavisd-with-rspamd-in-ispconfig/ thank you very much for that. It is working well, except a little on the trigger-happy side. I often see messages that get "soft reject" and then "subject rewrite". I have trained with both HAM and SPAM, including the messages marked wrong, however they are still constantly marked.

I have added the senders to the Spamfilter Whitelist, however that doesn't seem to help much either (although I'm still testing). I tried adding the domain as a sender in the Postfix Whitelist, but that does nothing.

My global policy is Normal, and individual mailboxes are -none-. I can see the settings I pick in /etc/rspamd/local.d/users however looking at the Rspamd GUI, the messages are being marked before the trigger level I've set.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. jon

jon Member

Update: Any additions to the whitelist in ISPConfig seem to be completely ignored. Training rspamd with these messages doesn't give a low enough score to help at all.

3. Steini86

Steini86 Active Member

4. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

The white and blacklist feature with rspamd is working fine here. So the question is why it is not on your side.
    Please grep in all rspamd user conf files for the address you added to the whitelist. E. g. if address is [email protected] please do
    grep -r '[email protected]' /etc/rspamd/local.d/users

5. jon

jon Member

./spamfilter_wblist_28.conf: from = "@e.lowes.ca";
    ./spamfilter_wblist_27.conf: from = "@bounce.e.lowes.ca";

but still marked as spam.

Also, can I just do a * instead of both?

6. Croydon

which version of rspamd are you using? Is there a conf file for users inside of /etc/rspamd/local.d ?

7. jon

jon Member

Rspamd daemon version 2.2

Yes, there is a users.conf and there are conf files for each user and alias in the users/ dir
    I have *many* aliases. For example, email from Canadian Tire goes to canadiantire@<my domain> which is an alias to my main account.

In my whitelist entry I have @<my domain> as the user and @bounce.email.canadiantire.ca as the email.

The file that seems to relate to that entry is spamfilter_wblist_29.conf and contains:

Code:
    spamfilter_wblist-29 {
            priority = 25;
            from = "@bounce.email.canadiantire.ca";
            rcpt = "@<my domain>";
            want_spam = yes;
            apply {
                    actions {
                            reject = null;
                            "add header" = null;
                            greylist = null;
                            "rewrite subject" = null;
                    }
            }
    }

8. Croydon

Have you checked in the rspamd interface, that the @bounce.... is the real sender of the mail?

9. jon

jon Member

This is from the interface:

Code:
    [bounce-2125249_HTML-1131202785-37129851-26669-0@bounce.email.canadiantire.ca] [email protected]

10. Croydon

Might be that you have to use the address NOT in brackets to set in the whitelist (so without bounce here). I would add both just to be sure.

11. jon

jon Member

Ok I have done that and I'll report back

12. jon

jon Member

Same thing, still marked as spam

13. jon

jon Member

Update: I re-ran the configuration, thinking somewhere over the years I added something or something like that. It seems to be working properly now!

14. jon

jon Member

Just to recap, we're almost a week later and everything is working as expected. I get little to no spam, and whitelisted items are being delivered properly. All I can think is that somewhere over the years, some manual config changes got in the way.

15. barneby

barneby New Member

I have the same problem. Did you just reconfigure mail with the installation script?

16. jon

jon Member

I did that and also went through the config files looking for anything I may have added over the years. I keep documentation on additions, so it was easier for me.