Rspamd URL on Apps vhost only?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by HSorgYves, Sep 10, 2023.

1. HSorgYves

HSorgYves Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

The Apps vhost looks dead to me for approximately 3 years and is thus probably disabled on lots of installations. However the Rspamd url is pointing by default on the Apps vhost. Shouldn't we add the Rspamd vhost to teh default ISPConfig vhost instead?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The exact opposite is the case. phpmyadmin, RoundCube, and Rspamd are configured to use the the apps vhost.

Then, these users made a mistake by disabling it manually or they do neither need RoundCube, PHPMyadmin, Rspamd or any future app that gets integrated with ISPConfig.

No other app besides ispconfig GUI should be accessed through ISPConfig vhost. Any other app must use apps vhost only.

3. HSorgYves

Thanks for the quick answer Till.

Maybe they configured phpMyAdmin and RoundCube to be available on all sites. Using the Apps vhost needs another port with all associated (dis-)advantages. But I understand your configuration idea and will adapt my personal setup by using a custom config file.

4. till

This does not work reliably depending on the security features enabled on the site.

5. HSorgYves

phpMyAdmin: Alias /phpmyadmin /usr/share/phpmyadmin
    RoundCube: Alias /webmail /var/lib/roundcube
    isn't that for all vhost?

6. till

It is, but depending on advanced settings like website chroot this can fail.

7. HSorgYves

Yes, I know, bu that's the default setup isn't it?

8. till

The default setup for all URL's to access phpmyadmin and RoundCube is port 8081 for quite some time, but we add the other aliases still for compatibility reasons.

9. till

But my plan for the apps vhost, in general, is that we make port and domain name configurable in the future so that one can use a domain name on port 443 as well for it.

nhybgtvfr and HSorgYves like this.