rspamd users policy not rewritten

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by KoS, Jun 14, 2024.

1. KoS

KoS Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi
    I change the scores for the general spam policy, but it seems only the /etc/rspamd/local.d/users -> "domain.conf" files get rewritten with the new scores. Where the user files, that have "inherit" policy setting, are not being updated and still use the old score. I tried a "resync" of all services on that server, but it didn't rewrite the files. How can I enforce the rewrite so that the policy/score is really inherited?
    Kind regards
    KoS

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which ISPConfig version do you use? Some older releases had such an issue, but this should have been resolved.

3. KoS

3.2.11p2

4. KoS

Which "action" should trigger the rebuild of the files?

5. till

Saving the changed policy.

I'll see if I can reproduce it here.

KoS likes this.
  6. KoS

I see that when I change the policy i shows me
    datalog_status_u_spamfilter_policy: 4
    Update spam filter settings: 225
    This matches ~the files that get changed in /etc/rspamd/local.d/users mostly "domain.confs" but even some user conf, not clear which user conf are being touched, or what is different with them. as in general almost all users have "inherit" as setting and no individual policies.

7. KoS

@till have you been able to reproduce it?

8. till

9. KoS

10. KoS

@till I tried upgrading my multiserver setup to the latest release (3.2.12) in the hope that this would resolve the issue. Afterwards I run a resync of all services on the mail host (~3000 changes) but the rspamd user filter files where not touched, only the domain-filter-conf files :-(

11. till

When the policy is set to inherit, there is no mail user file here on my systems; there is just the domain-wide file. That's likely why these do not get updated, as the system does not use them when set to inherit and, therefore, does not know they exist or update them. Maybe there is an issue that these files were not removed at some time when a policy was changed in a mailbox from any policy back to inherit. I will have to further investigate that and check with the other devs. Might be an issue that existed while back and is not reproducible here anymore on my servers.

12. KoS

Thanks for the feedback. Indeed I was also surprised why there are user filter files if the policy of the user is set to inherit the domain settings. So yes, this may be due to a bug from the past when the files were not removed :-(

I just checked with a user where I saw that the conf file got "touched" and the user had the policy set (not on inherit). I changed the policy to inherit and the conf file got removed, as expected.

I will move all the "stale" conf files out of the way, this should make the inherit functionality "work again" :)

Thanks for your help!

13. KoS

Has the logic with the inherit policy and conf files per user changed at some point in time? Because I remember that when I switched to rspamd I was surprised that a conf file gets generated for each user where the policy is set to inherit.
    I see that all the files have a last modify time of Feb 2 2024, whereas I always update the systems in a timely manner to the latest stable release.

14. KoS

Btw, it would be great if the dropdown for the user spamfilter would not just show "inherit domain setting" but e.g. in parentheses the domain policy. As if a mail-user logs into the ispconfig UI, he does not know what the policy of the domain is. Maybe such a feature request exists already, but I couldn't find it :-(