Running Joombla CMS on Debian Sarge 3.1 with ISPConfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Hans, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

My webserver is configured according Falko’s PERFECT setup for Debian Sarge 3.1.
    ISPConfig 2.2.0 is also up and running. Thanks again Falko!

I am interested to run the Joombla CMS system on this server.

Is there an instruction available how to do this in combination with my perfect server with ISPConfig?

Any hints and tips are welcome to me and please give me also advise if there are known problems with this combination of software I wish to run.

Hans

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Just create a new web site in ISPConfig (enable PHP, but do not enable PHP Safe Mode), create a MySQL database for the web site, and then proceed with the Joomla installation instructions. :)

3. Hans

Ok, thanks Falko. It looks not very difficult to me. I will give it a try on my testing server first.

4. Hans

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  5. falko

If you created a web site in ISPConfig, the web server root for that web site is typically something like /var/www/web1/web or /home/www/web43/web, etc., depending on what you chose during the ISPConfig installation (/home/www or /var/www).

You can create the database with ISPConfig. Enable MySQL for the web site, and go to the "Options" tab to create a database.

6. Hans

I choose for /var/www during installation.

So for example /var/www/web1/web could be a site root for a site running Joombla.

Does this mean that the Joombla files must be extracted in every site root and for all sites running Joombla?

Hans :confused:

7. falko

Yes.:)

Yes, one installation per web site.