Running local Executable Binaries

Discussion in 'General' started by Morons, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Morons

Morons Member

HI
    I have an Joomla installation under one of my webs, works well, but I added an component to Index the content of PDF's and make is searchable under the site [joomla's search]. This component need to be executed from the website and I get some access errors. At this stage I'm lost the developer of the pdf indexer tried to help but it all boil down to whether we can execute binary executables from this web location in the code.

Code:
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 web17 client1 1237381 2009-11-23 09:47 /var/www/clients/client1/web17/web/administrator/components/com_file_index/includes/pdftotext
    The error log sais:
    Code:
    sh: /var/www/clients/client1/web17/web/administrator/components/com_file_index/includes/pdftotext: not found
    If I execute this binary from my ssh client I get this response I think this probably refer to the input parameter.:cool:
    Code:
    -bash: /var/www/clients/client1/web17/web/administrator/components/com_file_index/includes/pdftotext: No such file or directory
    :mad:

I'm pretty shure its a permissions problem, what user would execute this? maybe NOT web17:client1 but another!:confused:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please post the output of:

ls -la /var/www/clients/client1/web17/web/administrator/components/com_file_index/includes/pdftotext

3. Morons

Morons Member

Code:
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root client1 1237381 2009-11-23 09:47 /var/www/clients/client1/web17/web/administrator/components/com_file_index/includes/pdftotext
    As Above, As you can see I changed the owner to root as an test from web17 as per original post
    That dint work

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please run:

chown web17:client1 /var/www/clients/client1/web17/web/administrator/components/com_file_index/includes/pdftotext
    chmod 755 /var/www/clients/client1/web17/web/administrator/components/com_file_index/includes/pdftotext

then try if the application works:

su web17
    /var/www/clients/client1/web17/web/administrator/components/com_file_index/includes/pdftotext --help

5. Morons

Morons Member

Program code

It seem possible to install the binary in linus under /usr/bin/pdftotext and

I founf this article and it seem simple enough, Ill change the binary perhaps broken?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pdftotext

BTW still getting the same answer and --help does not work, the binary think its a file to input.