sa-learn - how to resolve permission issue

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by wjk940, May 16, 2016.

1. wjk940

wjk940 New Member

amavisd-new brings a cron job (/etc/cron.d/amavisd-new), which runs /usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob every 3 hours as user 'amavis'. Changing the sa-sync and sa-clean actions to invoke sa-learn with --spam and --ham options (e.g., "--spam /var/vmail/*/*/Maildir/.Junk/*/*", "--ham /var/vmail/*/*/Maildir/cur/*") is simple. However, /var/vmail is vmail:vmail 700.

What is the best way to integrate:
    1. run amavisd-new-cronjob as vmail instead of amavis?
    2. run amavisd-new-cronjob as root instead of amavis?
    3. figure out how the make /var/vmail vmail:amavis 750 for all adds/changes done via ISPConfig?

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. wjk940

wjk940 New Member

There is little surprise that most issues have already been discussed, as most have found out after tenacious searching. I am not sure the issue is fully resolved by a thread on this very forum [1]; however, I want to add the cross linking, since all of the forum is indexed by google. I starting to wonder if amavis is the best approach. Christian Roessler's article [2] seems like an approach more like gMail. Of course, none of our ISPConfig installations rivals gMail. Still, a population of users marking as Junk, and having SA learn in real time these classifications, seems better than the /usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob approach.

[1] sa-learn-seems-not-to-work.52421
    [2] spamassassin-dovecot-postfix.html

4. justinvirk

justinvirk New Member

Yes I think with unix.stackexchange.com your problem will be solved.