Samba Configuration

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by mitho7, Oct 21, 2009.

1. mitho7

mitho7 Member

I’m trying to set up some samba configuration. Here is the scenario:

I have two directories:

A. /home/users/share/
    B. /home/users/share/files/abc

I’ll have one share to directory A, which has permission to certain users, with username and password and they can access from any IP on the domain. But I want to get another share to the directory B which is open for every domain users but can only be accessible from one IP address or host name, where users can login through Citrix server and access the files.

i'm using Samba 3.0.11

Thanks in advance.

2. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

How does your actual samba config look like or don't you have configured anything at all currently?

So for your problem of share b, you can add lines similar to the following ones on a per share basis (in this case your share b):
    But to get it right, you want to mix the auth shemes from username + passwd for share a with domain access for share b? If so I am not sure if this is possible as I though this can only be definied for the smb server security modell on a general basis.

3. mitho7

mitho7 Member

Hi Ben,

first of all sorry for late reply on it and thanks for your post. I was away. I'm not sure about the share basis restriction by host work on samba. I thought host base restriction is only Global option.

I do not need to restrict the users on share b. any one on the domain can access it as log as they come through that "hosts allow = 192.168.115.0/24" servers. So my configuration will look like:

Code:
    [alluser]
    comment = share for all user
    path = /home/users/share/files/abc
    public = yes
    printable = no
    writable = no
    hosts allow = 192.168.115.0/24 127.0.0.1
    hosts deny = 0.0.0.0/0 
    Does all the 3.+ version of samba allows share basis host restriction?