Same SSL certificate in multiple servers with ISPConfig and locked SSL Request Box

Discussion in 'General' started by Estopero, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Estopero

Estopero New Member

Hi Guys!

I have a problem that was not a problem until... 3.0.3.3 ISPConfig version (more or less) lol

The problem is that from that version, the "SSL Request" Box in the SSL section of a site properties is locked, I think that the purpose is use the same private key and csr to all sites in a server, but what happens when I share a key between multiple servers?

In my case, I use a wildcart certificate "*.your-domain.com", and the sites are hosted in different servers but sharing the certificate.

I've ""solved"" the problem by hard-editing the box with firebug (web designer extension). But is there a better solution to this?

I guess that I'm not the only person that has this problem. I am?? lol

Regards,
    Tomás

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is a bug and not a intended change. I've added it to the bugtracker.

3. Estopero

Estopero New Member

I'm glad I've found a bug then! :)). Really I thought that was intended (but weird)

Maybe you can think about an option/field to set also a .key file different to the default in the ISPConfig SSL site properties?

Until now firstly I use to create the default certificate by the ISPConfig panel, and then I change the .key file manually by command line and save again the new crs, crt and bundle in the panel. Is a bit dizzy but needed if you need to use a same key in multiple servers :)

Thank you for the fast reponse.

Edit: I've opened a ticket for the last request :))

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=2127

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012