same user different domain

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by matehortua, Oct 18, 2005.

1. matehortua

matehortua New Member

hi all

i have this problem:

i need the same username for different domains
    [email protected] and [email protected]

but ISPconfig wont let me.

and then when i erase a user for one of the domains i cant create it again with the same username......
    (i did erase the recycle/trash)

so can ISPconfig do this??? (same username for diferent domains)
    and
    what is the way to erase completely users???

a lot of tanx

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What you mean are same email users i suppose. Yes ISPConfig can do this if you have not disabled the userprefixes.

Recycle bin:

1) Wait until ISPConfig has written the changes to disk before you empty the recycle bin.
    2) Empty the recycle bin of the correct reseller. There are more than 1 recycle bin!

3. matehortua

matehortua New Member

i`ve just find this post: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=737
    where falko said

im not using prefixes so my users are as I create them ( example: sales )
    so i dont know if i did understand :eek:

but can i have the same user on diferent domains????
    if NO how can i trick ISPconfig to let mo have them???? is very impoirtant cause a lot of clients have the same usernames (sales, manager, customerservice, etc..)

tanx again

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Email addresses (the part in front of the @) are independant from usernames. Dont mix this up!

The post from falko states the same as i posted above, enable userprefixes and your problem is solved. Thats why ISPCOnfig has userprefixes!!

Generally: Email users are system users and they are always unique for the complete server.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I guess what you want is this:
    you have domain1.com and want to have the email address [email protected], and you have domain2.com with the email address [email protected].

This is no problem, because you can create a user for domain1.com, no matter what name you use, and you create a different user for domain2.com, and then, under Email Aliases, you give them the alias sales, and voilà, you have the email addresses [email protected] and [email protected].

6. matehortua

matehortua New Member

tanx to both... till and falko

my problem was that i erased the prefix so when i created the users for the 2 domains there was a duplicate entry.

so the solution was enable again the prefix web[WEBID]_ and now i dont have that problem..... and the other thing is that the important thing is the username not the mail-username

email: [email protected]
    username: web3_sales

tanx,,

PS : the way falko sayd also works i tested