Sarge php5 freeType gd

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by pontifex, Oct 8, 2005.

1. pontifex

pontifex New Member

Hi everyone,
    i used to install my server the wonderful howto vom Falko for debian sarge. now i need to install php5 with freetype and gd support. php5 and gd are installed on the server but there seems to be a problem the freetype. i used to install it with apt. but it still does not work.

how to enable it:

(taken from phpinfo)
    ../configure' '--disable-cli' '--disable-cgi' '--with-apxs2=/usr/bin/apxs2' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/php5/apache2' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--prefix=/usr' '--disable-rpath' '--disable-debug' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-gd-jis-conv' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-memory-limit' '--with-layout=GNU' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/lib/php5/libexec' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--with-kerberos=/usr' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--without-mm' '--without-zlib' '--without-zlib-dir' '--disable-bcmath' '--disable-ctype' '--disable-dbx' '--disable-dom' '--disable-exif' '--without-gettext' '--disable-simplexml' '--disable-spl' '--disable-ftp' '--disable-posix' '--disable-session' '--disable-shmop' '--disable-sockets' '--disable-sysvmsg' '--disable-sysvsem' '--disable-sysvshm' '--disable-tokenizer' '--without-iconv' '--without-sqlite' '--with-regex=php' '--without-mime-magic' '--without-mysql' '--without-sybase-ct' '--enable-xml' '--without-gdbm' '--without-db4' '--without-cdb' '--without-inifile' '--without-flatfile' '--disable-static' '--disable-libxml' '--without-pcre-regex' '--disable-pear'

Cheers
    PM

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What problem do you get with freetype. Did you get errors when you install it with apt or did scripts that use freetype not work correctly?

3. pontifex

pontifex New Member

Hi,
    the problem was that in the php.ini the following line was comment out

extension=gd.so

Ciao
    PM

4. JakeBottero

JakeBottero New Member

I'm having this same problem, but I don't see any reference at all to GD in the php.ini file.

5. till

Then you dont have the PHP GD extension installed. Just install the php GD package of your libux distribution to solve this.

6. JakeBottero

JakeBottero New Member

Huh. I'm running RHEL3, and I don't see anything on the disks called php-gd...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  7. till

Try a "locate gd.so" on your server. maybe its already installed and you only have to uncomment it in php.ini