Saving login creds

Discussion in 'General' started by FeraTechInc, Oct 21, 2013.

1. FeraTechInc

FeraTechInc Member HowtoForge Supporter

This has been driving me crazy for years now.

I have never been able to save the login info for the admin control panel. At first it was because the login fields weren't labeled correctly.

Now it's doing something I've never seen any website do.

First time logging in it asks to remember like it should. Once the username/password is saved it lets you select it from the dropdown. However, when you hit "login" it clears the password.

This is driving me crazy. I've got clients constantly calling to complain that they forgot their password or they can't login. Is there any fix for this?

Browsers affected are Firefox up to most recent version 24 and chrome.

ISPConfig Version: 3.0.5.3

I would settle for knowing where the ISPConfig panel login page code is located to edit it myself.

2. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

AFAIK it's an feature that written passwords could be remembered and that must be enabled in the related apps. In quite a bit of apps, special the admin passwords could not be saved for security reasons which is highly understandable.

In ISPConfig, if a user loses his password, he could just ask for a new one clicking on the Password lost button. If you as Root Administrator has disabled that function, for what reason ever, you have to accept the calls from your clients in case they lose their password. But why you would/should disable that function? IMHO only for to unknowingly control what your clients doing, something what I wouldn't accept as client and directly move to an different provider.
    If that function is obsolete in your Server config, run an update for your OS and ISPConfig.

If it's not your own fault, I would advice the clients for to use an special apps for to keep track of used passwords. Those apps are widely free available on the Internet.