Saving - odd browser redirection, loses page, falls back to starting page

Discussion in 'General' started by stevieb, Nov 28, 2008.

1. stevieb

stevieb New Member

Hi guys,

Running ISPConfig Version: 2.2.24 and seems to be working with 50 or so different sites spread across a couple of IP addresses.

We have a few annoyances concerning the interface which I'm sure are not "by design" so was wondering if anyone else has experienced these and can shed some light.

Annoyance #1: When saving a new site (for example) or doing any type of data save i.e. adding a new user/email........ the information is saved fine but ISPConfig seems to refresh but gets a bit lost and doesn't return the admin to the last page they saved or any other sensible landing page. Instead it throws the admin right back to the Server Status page (the page you get immediately after logging in).

This is incredibly annoying and makes admin and data entry very hard work as you have to expand the tree on the left again and get back to the site or screen you were editing.

I'm not savvy on how ISPconfig handles moving between pages and such like but I do web development and its just as if a GET or SESSION variable for referring page is being lost somewhere and the poor system is having to throw the user *somewhere*

Annoyance #2: Seems like its related to #1 but when we add a new domain, it does not appear immediately in the correct folder in the tree on the left (even though it *has* been added). Again, this is just a refresh problem because if you click the very top level menu item "ISP Manager", it forces the whole page to refresh and then the site appears in the list.

Annoyance #3: It's not very pretty compared to cPanel! I know you can edit form labels etc, but it would be nice if it was prettier out of the box. Minor gripe there though.

Just so you know, I'm a bit reluctant to blindly upgrade to latest version in the hope of fixing the first two annoyances (due to the number of live web/mail sites on this) so if you could provide any specific help or point me to a bugfix release document if this issue is covered by an upgrade, that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve.

ps. apologies if these questions have been answered...I did a quick search but couldn't find anything relevant. always tricky to come up with good search phrase though!

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

That's normal. It will be different in ISPConfig 3.

Click on the "Save" button, and the tree will reload.

3. stevieb

stevieb New Member

OK thanks for the response... at least I know my copy isn't broken now!

Good luck with ISPConfig 3!