Secondary DNS bind9 problem not authoritative

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dodofox, Feb 29, 2016.

1. dodofox

dodofox New Member

Hi, I have this problem.
    I have a multiserver installation ispconfig 3 with debian. (apache + mysql + postifix + dovecot + bind9)
    I have 3 name server ns1 ns2 and ns3. All work fine. ns2 and ns3 are replications of ns1.
    Now I need to change public IP of ns2. I change network ip, change hosts configuration on all machines, change dns configuration in ispconfig panel, and change ip on my registrant. Now when I change a dns record from ispconfig panel, ns1 anche ns3 are ok, ns2 log said:

Feb 29 16:52:59 ispconfig-ns2 named[8030]: client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx#31138: received notify for zone 'xxx.it': not authoritative (for all domain)
    Help me... please.

2. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Allow the transfer in bind or configure all dns with ispconfig as mirrors,

3. dodofox

dodofox New Member

In control panel I set new ip in allow transfer, and ns2 and ns3 are mirror of ns1... buo not work...

thanks

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ensure that you do not create a secondary dns zone for the domain when you use the ispconfig mirror, isconfig takes care to create the dns records automatically.

5. dodofox

dodofox New Member

No In ispconfig panel I only create Zone and set allow transfer with 2 ip of ns2 and ns3... But before that I change public ip of ns2 all work fine... I don't understand what is wrong...

Ns3 work fine

P.s. I also edited in mysql of first server ip
    CREATE USER 'root'@'NEW IP OF NS2' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'192.168.0.106' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

6. till

7. dodofox

dodofox New Member

I change ip 4 days ago... if I check dig @localhost yourdomain.tld on my ns1
    all is ok... but the log of ns2 is:
    Feb 29 18:47:21 ispconfig-ns2 named[1974]: client ip of ns1#42916: received notify for zone 'yourdomain.tld': not authoritative

P.s. Where is the file where ispconfig write acl directives for transfer? use mysql?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  8. till

See link above on how to debug your issue.

9. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If ns2 and ns3 are mirrors of ns1 and you manage alle 3 dns within one ispconfig-setup you don`t need to transfer the data to ns2 and ns3. the dns will be update with ispconfig.

10. dodofox

dodofox New Member

Yes ns2 and ns3 area mirror of ns1. And yes I manage all from ispconfig. But ispconfig not update ns2