Security Notification

Discussion in 'General' started by The Other Air Force, Feb 18, 2016.

1. The Other Air Force

The Other Air Force New Member

Hi,
    Got an email from the server which I thought was a bit unusual. I understand the concept of the email, but I can't seem to find a reason it was generated. I got the first email at 01:33 and the second at 01:36.

First Email: The number of ISPConfig administrator users has changed. Old: 0 New: 1
    Second Email: The number of ISPConfig administrator users has changed. Old: 1 New: 0

I am the only admin user. There are no logins is the ISPConfig auth log and there were no notifications that there were any changes made to the the system user files. My site isn't used by anyone else. I don't subscribe to the security by obscurity model but it's doubtful anyone knows my control panel exists because I am the only one that uses it (but I do have several client accounts to keep my customers sites seperated). I do have several very low traffic/low profile websites that I host.

There doesn't appear to have been any new sites added or anything like that going on. Any suggestions? Or is this something I should worry about? At the moment the location of the access.log files for the control panel eludes me.

I've been using ISPConfig for a long time and I haven't gotten any email of this type before. I have just gotten the occasional notification about changes to the system user files when I add clients or new sites.

Thanks!

2. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Between the 2 mails the connection to your mysql-server failed.