Seeking the ISPconfig way to add multiple PHP versions to test per domains

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by markelino, Feb 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. markelino

markelino Member

What is the proper method recommended to add multiple PHP versions to an ISPconfig 3 setup (apache/ubuntu) so we can easily test different PHP versions per domain/CMS or scripts as needed?

2. ganewbie

ganewbie Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ahrasis likes this.
  4. markelino

markelino Member

Till, do you plan to have this included in up coming releases of ISPconfig, so we can feel safer in upgrading ISPc and having newer PHP versions?

Not even sure that article will work with this debian (buster?) as it appears this is some futuristic version being debian 10 that would of been still in development when my ISPc was deployed?

$ cat /etc/debian_version
    buster/sid << buster which I assume is Debian 10?

$ cat /etc/issue.net
    Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

$ lsb_release -a
    No LSB modules are available.
    Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
    Release: 18.04
    Codename: bionic

5. till

There is nothing that needs to be included or changed in ISPConfig for that. Just install the additional PHP versions, that's all.

6. markelino

markelino Member

I found this quite daunting and from the comments, I would assume its also out of date. Was hoping ISPc could natively support having additional PHP versions without the risk of following such a link, etc.
    Unless there is an updated one or a script that has been tested to also check and remove incompatible packages before the updates using sury.org, which would be nice to see part of your own ISPconfig update scripts, i.e prompting if we need additional PHP versions etc and which ones.

7. till

What the tutorial describes is how to use the natively builtin multi PHP support in ISPConfig. Of course, we are not building our own PHP packages, same as we don't build our own postfix or apache packages. The problems that some users had is that they missed installing the PHP modules that they wanted to use later for that new PHP version or they missed to follow the step in the tutorial to switch back the original default PHP.

But I might write a new guide for this in future, it will contain the same install steps though.