"Send a copy to:" option does not work

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Jonek, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Jonek

Jonek New Member

Hello, After upgrading ISPconfig from ISPConfig-3.1.15 to ISPConfig 3.2, the "Send a copy to:" and "Send outgoing BCC to:" options does not work.
    No error messages in the mail.log.
    I am using Debian 10.

Please help.
    Best regards

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do you have any conf-custom templates? Did you reconfigure services when updating?

3. Jonek

Jonek New Member

There are no custom templates.
    During the update, I checked all the questions, including Reconfigure Services [no].

There is also one WARNING at the end:
    "Reconfigure Services? (yes, no, selected) [no]:
    Updating ISPConfig PHP Warning: symlink (): No such file or directory in /root/install/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/installer_base.lib.php on line 2784 Certificate exists. Not creating a new one."

4. Jonek

Jonek New Member

Is it possible to downgrade to ISPConfig-3.1.15 ?

5. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You must answer yes.
    You can re-run the 3.2 installer and this time answer yes to that question. See instructions at end of ISPConfig release notes on how to get the 3.2 installer and run it.

6. Jonek

Jonek New Member

If I set YES, I have a problem with Roundcube and other functions.
    I have to go back to the previous version of ISPConfig and calmly approach the update topic later.
    Can I do this on a production machine if I have already installed version 3.2 but during the update I clicked NO everywhere?

7. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I would suggest solving those issues, since they are going to continue being a problem going forward.
    That does not sound like a method to get a working system after the upgrade. At least not easily, you can maybe go do all the configuration changes manually to get a working 3.2 ISPConfig.
    Do you have a snapshot backup of your host from before the upgrade to 3.2? Going back to that would work.
    If you let ISPConfig 3.2 upgrade the database, there are new tables and fields and whatnot, maybe some things have been removed so the database as it now is does not work with the older version of ISPConfig. Restoring the database from a backup from the time before the upgrade might work.

8. Jonek

Jonek New Member

Due to the fact that I upgraded to 3.2 and as I wrote, I did not mark YES in the upgrade options, the database has not been modified in my opinion. I did a downgrade on the virtual machine and after the initial tests I can see that everything is probably working fine. I will find out 100% if I do it in the evening on the production server.

I would like to work on ISPConfig 3.2, but first, someone has to help me fix the problems. Until then, I have to work on version 3.1.15p3 which worked for me without any problems.