sender_cc merge mail address wrongly

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by pinkfeet, Jun 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. pinkfeet

pinkfeet Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi to all,
    when i include two or more email address separated by commas in bcc field, the addresses are merged in a wrong manner that isn't deliverable in the destination sever and returns us a Relay access denied error:

Jun 7 19:51:13 mail postfix/smtp[30254]: 141CC2E00058: to=<[email protected],[email protected]>, relay=mx3.ovh.net[91.121.56.64]:25, delay=8.5, delays=0/0.01/7.4/1, dsn=5.7.1, status=bounced (host mx3.ovh.net[91.121.56.64] said: 554 5.7.1 <[email protected],[email protected]>: Relay access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command))​

Is this a bug ?

Thanks a lot,
    Regards

2. Stephan Ververda

Stephan Ververda Member HowtoForge Supporter

Well... it kind of depends on the mail client you are using (or script or whatever sends out the mail). Most clients use the comma as a seperator for e-mail adresses however some use the semicolon instead (outlook for example). BUT it also should be the mail client to deal with it giving you an error to tell you the e-mail adress is not formatted correctly.
    Then it's the mail clients responsibility when it connect to SMTP to send out the e-mail to give a RCPT TO for each and every recipient seperately.
    In your log SMTP is clearly fed with a wrongly formatted RCPT TO command send out by your e-mail client (or script!)

3. pinkfeet

Hi Stephan,
    thanks for your reply. I think i didn't explain me clearly, i'm sorry. I'm talking about "ISPConfig -> Email -> Email Mailbox -> Send outgoing BCC to:". If you type there two email address separated by comma, that email address you want send bcc to, will never receipt the emails correctly because, i think, ISPConfig merge BCC emails in such manner that it's not deliveriable to destination server.

In this case, OVH tells to my server that, "Relay access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command))" because, i think, my server is attempting to send OVH an unknow recipient domain: <[email protected],[email protected]>, i.e: ISPConfig is merging together both emails address.

For that i think ISPCoing is doing some wrong with BCC emails address, maybe ?

Thanks,

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

According to manual page 170 only one e-mail address is allowed there.

5. pinkfeet

Hi Taleman,

thank you for your reply. My Manual version was generated in 2016-09-27 and 170 page don't says such thing:

Send copy to:
    Here you can specify an email address that should receive a copy of all incoming mails
    for this email account. This field is optional.

Send outgoing copy to:
    Here you can specify an email address that should receive a copy of all outgoing mails
    of this email account. This field is optional.

As you see, the only difference with both fields is the word 'incoming/outgoing'.

Beside this, in "ISPConfig -> Email -> Email Mailbox -> Send outgoing BCC to:" you can see clearly, as occurs with "Send copy to:", this message:

(Optional) (Separate multiple email addresses with commas)

So, i think the code is not working properly Taleman.

Regards,

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Make a bug report in the bug tracker and we will check that for the next release.