Sending mail from webmail

Discussion in 'General' started by radioguy, Aug 19, 2005.

1. radioguy

radioguy New Member

I noticed this error in the maillog today. I seem to be able to send mail with a client, but I get this message when sending mail with webmail.

Aug 18 15:45:15 server1 postfix/smtpd[14805]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from woodrow.cumuluseugene.com[127.0.0.1]: 554 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=SMTP helo=<UebiMiau>

2. radioguy

radioguy New Member

Checking back

For some reason postfix isn't allowing users to send mail to each other. I've read through the posts, but I haven't been able to sort this one out. The two users in my previous post are users on the server. I don't think this was the case when I first built the server so I'm sure I broke something along the way. Do I need to add relay_domains to main.cf? Many thanks for all the help and a great ap.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do you have these lines in your main.cf?

Code:
    mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
    smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,permit_mynetworks,check_relay_domains
    Note: check_relay_domains is one word!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  4. radioguy

radioguy New Member

[solved] That seems to have done it.

:confused: Bless you and thanks. That did it. It was check_relay_domains. I've never had to add this before. Would this also be the case if users also have shell accounts? I'm trying to figure out why it seemed to work previously and then only on some accounts. Just wondering for the education, but its not terribly important. Thanks again. :)