Sendmail Error

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by misterm, May 15, 2013.

1. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello

this error without turning off the server, do you have an idea that maybe?

because for sure I would have to uninstall postfix sendmail is an idea?

thank you

Mz :confused:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No need to uninstall something as its a runtime error and not a installation problem. The error just means that a script executed the sendmail wrapper program with wrong parameters.

3. misterm

Exist it a script to find who is?

hello Till

perfect the subscription fee for the help ...

my question is, exist it a script (except snort) to see who is running sendmail ...

thank you

Mz:confused:

4. till

No, I dont think so. You can not even see this with snort as sendmail is a binary on your server which is invoked by shell scripts and also by php to send emails, so there are no network connections to this program, its just a normal commandline call.

If you see this error regularily at a specific time, then check which cronjobs are running at this timepoint.

If the probelm started just recently, you might be able to find out which new script has been installed that causes this error.

In general, the error is not critical, it affects only the script that uses the command wrong in that way that the email that the scripts tries to send will not arrive. So sooner or later you should be abke to find the script as its email sending functions just did not work at the moment.

5. misterm

when this is spam?

Till I agree with this principle, but when it is spam that generates this error, how to do it to know the source of the problem?

Exist there a script that works with ispconfig 3 with a configuration in debian squeeze ...

thank you

MZ:confused:

6. till

The above error message could not hae sent any spam as it indicates that no email was sent.

If you have a problem with spam emails sent by scripts, you can find them most likely in the postfix deferred queue (command: postqueue -p), then you can viw the content of the email with the postcat command. Then check the email details of this spam email if it contains data in the header that shows you which website has sent it.

7. misterm

Hello Till
    during intrusion I find the file I find that erred evidence php, n has no link, I want it to not start the directory, such as /var/www/domain.com/web/directory.

Here, I know I said at the beginning, there are scripts, as phpsendmail or change in php.ini to detect a form of spam, hack, etc ... but not exitste more adaptable solution to know who does what in that directory, etc ...

Thank you for your help

Mz:confused:

8. till

Srry, i dont understand sour question. May you please explain a bit more what you want o do?