server config - network filesystem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by nhybgtvfr, Dec 15, 2014.

1. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

is there any explanation for the network filesystem checkbox in system-> server-config -> *selected server* -> web? and what are the implications of checking this box?

is it nfs specific? is it just to let the servers know it's available to multiple servers, with concurrent writes possible?

our website data is on a drbd replicated raid5 partition on two servers, available through a floating ip via iscsi. the iscsitarget is mounted on each webserver (and ftpserver) and is partitioned using ocfs2.
    so although there are only 2 partitions with only 1 written to, there are 8+ cluster aware nodes capable of writing to that partition.
    I'm assuming I should check this box?

I did look through the documentation, but there's nothing in the relevant section and 'network configuration' does not appear in the documentation at all.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This option has been added in the last patch release, thats why it does not show up in the manual yet. The option exists to add the _netdev option to website log mount points in /etc/fstab, this ensures that the log mounts are delayed until the network filesystem is up. This option should work with any kind of network filesystems.