Server config panel does not work

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tdemeter, Oct 9, 2018.

1. tdemeter

tdemeter New Member

Hi,
    I did an upgrade from my old ispconfig installation to the latest and since the upgrade, i can't click on the "Server config > server.domain.tld" link.
    When I click to that It does not do anything. I have do clear cache, and ran it in incognito mode, but it same.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance,
    Regards,
    Tibor

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which php version do you use on that server?

4. tdemeter

tdemeter New Member

Hi,
    It is an centos6 based, multi server installation.
    I use php5.3 for running ispconfig panel, but there are some additional php versions.
    I did try to change the php engine under ispconfig, but no changes.
    Meanwhile I've found a problem with new mailboxes, dovecot can't login to new mailboxes.
    So I need to open that Server config menu for check the settings.
    Thanks in advance

5. tdemeter

tdemeter New Member

I'm sorry, I was wrong. I use php 5.3.3, because it is the default on centos6.
    Thanks

6. till

The reason for that is the old php version, the code in ISPConfig 3.1.13 uses newer syntax which breaks php 5.3. The problem is listed already in the bug tracker and we will try to backport the code to make it compatible with php 5.3 again.

7. tdemeter

tdemeter New Member

Thank for reply!

Can I change somehow the php version under the hood?

8. tdemeter

tdemeter New Member

Since upgrade, I can't make new mail user, because that cannot log in to their mailbox. The mailbox seems created by system, but I've got an error on login:
    Oct 15 22:03:20 mx1 dovecot: imap([email protected]: Error: user [email protected]: Initialization failed: Initializing mail storage from mail_location setting failed: Unknown setting: /var/vmail/xxx.tld/test
    /
    Oct 15 22:03:20 mx1 dovecot: imap([email protected]): Error: Invalid user settings. Refer to server log for more information.

I've found a lot of differences in dovecot-sql.conf, maybe that is wrong?

Actually, it is biggest problem than I cannot use Server Config panel.

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  9. till

Many things have been added in recent ISPConfig releases, that's why config files differ from older versions. But you can try and reinstall the old config file.

10. tdemeter

tdemeter New Member

Meanwhile, I've found the problematic config, that was in dovecot-sql.conf
    The original (working config) was:
    user_query = SELECT email as user, maildir as home, CONCAT('maildir:', maildir, '/Maildir') as mail, uid, gid, CONCAT('*:storage=', quota, 'B') AS quota_rule, CONCAT(maildir, '/.sieve') as sieve FROM mail_user WHERE (login = '%u' OR email = '%u') AND `disable%Ls` = 'n' AND server_id = '2'

and it replaced the upgrade script for this:
    user_query = SELECT email as user, maildir as home, CONCAT( maildir_format, ':', maildir, '/', IF(maildir_format='maildir','Maildir',maildir_format)) as mail, uid, gid, CONCAT('*:storage=', quota, 'B') AS quota_rule, CONCAT(maildir, '/.sieve') as sieve FROM mail_user WHERE (login = '%u' OR email = '%u') AND `disable%Ls` = 'n' AND server_id = '2'

I don't know what the problem with this, but it's not working.

Thank you!

11. till

which value do you have in the file maildir_format for the affected account in the mail_user database table?

12. tdemeter

tdemeter New Member

That field is empty!
    The other, old records is have "maildir" string.

13. till

Then that's the reason for the issue.

14. tdemeter

tdemeter New Member

Ok, but why not created valid record in the db?
    I've read an another post, I could change the backend to maildir in the Server Config panel :) But it's not accessable for me:(