Server suddenly shows ispconfig default site

Discussion in 'General' started by Niels, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Niels

Niels New Member

I have a server (Ubuntu) and its running fine. Today it suddenly only shows the ispconifg default site. I can access ispconfig on port 8080.

I have my blog in niels-henriksen.dk but now only the default website. I have been ssh'ed to the server and all files are where they should be.

Im so desperate so Im ready to move the sites to a new server but I want to know what the problem can be. There are no errors in ispconfig log. :(

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig has no default site. Which page is shown exactly? The apache default site of the Linux distribution?

3. Niels

Niels New Member

When I create a website it makes a html page to show that the site is active. On a server I had a lot of sites working (forum, blog etc) and suddenly it shows the default html page (index.html) instead of the website.

http://www.niels-henriksen.dk was yesterday showing my wordpress blog, but now this:

Welcome to your website!This is the default index page of your website.
    This file may be deleted or overwritten without any difficulty. This is produced by the file index.html in the web directory.

For questions or problems please contact support.

4. till

Make sure that you selected either * for all websites or the IP address for all websites but do not mix that on the server.

5. gabtzi

gabtzi New Member

Hello,

sorry to bring this old post back up but I was wondering why this is happening? It happened to me today and I bumped into this thread in google so I'm curious why this is occurring​

6. till

Apache shows the default page when there is no better matching vhost in the system. So if you get the default page instead of the expected website, check your website domain config for typos in the domain name, a wrong IP etc.

7. gabtzi

gabtzi New Member

Thanks for the response. The problem was the mixed * and IP. All websites had a * and the last one entered had the IP and this happened as you said in #4 post it would. What I was curious about is why we can't mix them.

8. till

An IP is a stronger match than an wildcard in apache and nginx, so a site with IP has always precedence over a site that uses *.

9. gabtzi

gabtzi New Member

I see. Thanks for the explanation