Service down even if everything's fine

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dchouinard, Feb 2, 2016.

1. dchouinard

dchouinard New Member

I've just deployed another ISPCOnfig for a friend. So happy.
    However the ISPConfig Monitor page complain about an issue with the web service. He claim that the service is down. I have no idea why. I mean, everything's fine. I can't find any error anywere. I've create a few sites and they seems to load properly.

What is the logic used by ISPConfig to determine it the web-Server service is running ? Is there a trace that can be looked at for the monitoring server wich give more information than "down"

I think that it can be related to the fact the I had to enter my IP address in every Apache directive related to LISTEN. So instead of LISTEN 80 I have LISTEN 1.2.3.4:80.

I'm on Debian Jessy with ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p8. PHP is 5.6.17. Apache 2.4.10. I have one master that is use for the web interface, MySQL and web sites. Another machine for DNS and the third one for mails.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The apache server ahs to listen on port 127.0.0.1 as well. There is no need to change all Listen directives, so you should undo your changes and fix cause of the real issue that you probably encountered.

dchouinard likes this.
  3. dchouinard

dchouinard New Member

Great. The down status is gone now. I've remove the interface address from the Listen. I guess I panic when I only saw tcp6 binding in netstat yesterday.

Thank you

Dany Chouinard

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's ok and nothing to worry about. Netstat shows it as IPv6 when your server supports IPv4 and IPv6.