Session problem [function.session-start]

Discussion in 'General' started by mats, Nov 15, 2009.

1. mats

mats New Member

I Reinstalled my webserver 3 days ago and installed ispconfig 3 (on the old install we were running 2).

I installed only a few websites but I now have problems with the sessions (also on the ispconfig login page)

This is the error:
    Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/lib/php5/sess_d6cc7d6104d915d56733f2650b37d8e7, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/app.inc.php on line 60

When I empty the /var/lib/php5 folder everything works again but after a couple of hours the errors are back. I have a lot of website running with login screens and they all have this problem.

How can I fix this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Make sure that the folder /var/lib/php5 is world writable. The problem you had occurs when you e.g. sweitch a website form mod_php to suphp or similar, so the user that writes the session changes and the new user is not able to access the old session.

3. mats

mats New Member

I did not change it from mod_php to su_php or any other change. I had it on su_php all the time.

I already chmodded that dir to 777 but then still it happens after a while

4. till

Check with ls -la who owns the session files and then if the problem occurs, delete this session file and check again who owns the newly created file.

5. mats

mats New Member

Now its owned by web1 client1 (-rw------- 1 web1 client1) this is the file ispconfig gives an error about.
    and some files are owned by www-data.

and when I delete it and refresh the ispconfig login its owned by www-data www-data

(I followed the Debian perfect installation guide)

6. till

Looks as if you try to access ispconfig trogh different ways. Make sure that you access ispconfig always trogh port 8080 on the server hostname or ip. So the URL to access ispconfig is:

http:///yourhostname:8080/

7. mats

mats New Member

Thats what I do http://mydomain:8080
    I dont know any other way?

8. till

Which php method did you select in web1?

9. mats

mats New Member

I selected SuPHP.

10. till

Ok. And is the domain in http://mydomain:8080 the same then the domain in the website web1? Then this explains the behaviour as your browser uses the same session file for the ispconfig interface and the website. Change the php setting in the website to cgi-php and enable suexec in the website. the result is basically the same then using suphp, but a different session save path is set for the website then in the cgi wrapper.

11. ivomendonca

ivomendonca Banned

Same Problem Here

Hello i Have the same problem but only with IE 8.

12. till

Then use the same solution.

13. ivomendonca

ivomendonca Banned

Fast-cgi

yes, but i only use fast-cgi.
    And the problem still exists when i create the first website, then i delete client and website and create again and the problem goes away.
    When i make updates sometimes the problem returns.

I dont have a problem, just giving feedback.

And if some folder are not writable, is not a browser issue like my problem.

14. till

Which exact ISPConfig version?