Set ISPConfig as an Email Relay for another ISPConfig Server

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by toyinal, Mar 8, 2016.

1. toyinal

toyinal Member

Can I setup Postfix Relay in the ISPConfig Panel to act an Email Relay for another ISPConfig Email Server. Do I have to manually change postfix configuration file.

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes. Just add a transport in ISPConfig and then add either @domain.tld or all email addresses where relaying is allowed for under relay recipients. Please note that the domain shall not be added as email domain in this case.

No.

3. toyinal

toyinal Member

Thank you Till, I successfully setup a relay host in ISPConfig 3, but I have a problem, relayed mails are classifed as spam by Gmail & Yahoo. I read somewhere http://blogs.msdn.com/b/tzink/archi...re-outsourcing-some-or-all-of-your-email.aspx, that the Mail From (RFC5321) field should be relay host email address while the From:(RFC5322) field will the actual sender mail address. How to do this in ISPConfig 3.

Thanks

4. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Did you add the relay-server to your spf-record?

5. toyinal

toyinal Member

I added the ip address of the relay host to originating server spf record, but the SPF check still fails. I own both the relay host and the originating server, but, emails from the relay host to the originating email server is not delivered, but is bounced with
    Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
    <bbbb@xxxxxx.com>: mail for aaaaaa.com loops back to
    myself