Set up secondary DNS. Is ISPC scalable?

Discussion in 'General' started by laptop_user, Nov 12, 2014.

1. laptop_user

laptop_user Member

I have plan to setup secondary DNS. Referring guide from here : http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-ru...and-secondary-with-ispconfig-3-debian-squeeze

From the guide, I need to add MySQL root user records in the master database for every slave server hostname and IP address and then proceed with installing ISPC. However the problem is I already install ISPC on server1.

So what step should I begin with? Do I have to start with mysql command and proceed with installing ISPC DNS on server2?

Also if I use remote API to add, update or delete DNS records on server1, does it will also be reflected on server2. I mean will it synchronize between server?

Thanks in advance.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This does not matter here. Just proceed with the installation of the slave after you added rhe mysql root user for the slave install connection in the mysql db on the master.

Yes. Its the purpose of a mirror to sync the config automatically.

3. laptop_user

laptop_user Member

Hi, thanks for your reply.

So if I want to make my server2 as my primary name server, does my step following step correct? I add A record as ns1.mydomain.com = my server2 IP and ns2.mydomain.com = my server1 IP

Update my IP at my registrar; ns1 = Server2 IP and ns2 = Server1 IP

Give the IP to client and it should works?? Do I understand it correctly?

Thanks in advance