seting up outlook express

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Boon-Dog-Danny, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Boon-Dog-Danny

Boon-Dog-Danny New Member

hi Danny again

I have pretty much got the install down loading suse10.1 in then ftp and ispconfig.. I can get everything for the html-php side working with no trouble, I even loaded up a php program to see if everything was working.. and its perfect.. I love it.. but .. always a but..
    I followed the directions in setup but I get the same e-mail errors as others wont accept the e-mail and password.. using webmail..roundtree or whatever its called.. here is the deal.. I dont use webbased e-mail. how do I use my outlook express? I have set up an account in outlook before.. what info do I use to login.. I created a email client user.. with the ispconfig but what mail servers do I use.. ? I have no idea what to do to setup my mail. I've looked at some e-mail forums but I'm missing where people get the info from.

example.. for my e-mail now..on a rented server.. I use mail.boon-dog.com
    what do I use? I have no idea. any help or links to forums would be great.

I'm still new to linux.. although I do have the linux virus..lol I think If I can get this final problem I'm good to go.

thanks again all these forums are tops!

Danny

When giving someone something, always remember..
    The Cookie Rule.. :rolleyes:
    If someone asks for a cookie, and you give it to them, be ready for them to ask for.. a plate to sit it on, table and chair to eat it at, some cold milk to wash it down with, a napkin to clean the face with and a place to wash up. :eek:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

#
    You can use any domain that points to your server or the IP of your server as mailserver in outlook.

3. Boon-Dog-Danny

Boon-Dog-Danny New Member

D'ho.. thanks I'm think to much.. working fine.