Setting file permissions and ownership

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Emsanator, Jan 3, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Emsanator

Emsanator Member

Hi,
    Naturally, the ownership (chown) of each domain name is different. However, this ownership can change without being noticed. For this, can the part that provides automatic correction of ownership and file permissions of all domains from a single point can be added to the ISPconfig panel, or is there a "bash" file for this?

For example, this is a screenshot from a different host administration. It allows you to fix file ownership and permissions with one click. It is one of the features that I think should be in ISPconfig.

upload_2022-1-3_16-35-2.png

Thanks.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

How could it change? Only root could change it, and must do chattr first. So change by mistake takes work.
    Are you sure Resync tool in ISPConfig Panel | Tools | Sync Tools | Resync for websites does not do what you want already?

3. Emsanator

Emsanator Member

I changed the ownership and permissions of some files before for test and I couldn't fix it with Resync.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Resync is not altering file permissions to not break custom permissions and setups. You can enforce file permission updates of the folders created by ISPConfig though at update (which is also triggered via resync), that's configurable under System > server config. But this will not alter permissions of custom files that you e.g. stored inside the web folder.

Emsanator likes this.
  5. Emsanator

Emsanator Member

Got it, thank you for your interest.