setup mail on dynamic IP.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kameleon25, Jan 23, 2008.

1. kameleon25

kameleon25 New Member

I am reinstalling my ISPConfig after some idiot tried to root me and I have a few questions. When I had the system setup before I noticed I was unable to send mail from domains hosted on that machine to quite a few places. The ones that actually gave reasons was because I was trying to send mail from an IP that is part of a pool of dynamic IP's that belongs to a broadband provider. Well no crap. lol The thing is I work at an ISP (different from my internet connection) and I talked to our sysadmin and asked how to work around that without having a static IP. He said something about a trusted mailertable or something. That way I can do authenticated relaying through a different system. Now, note, I have had the same IP since I have had this service but yet it is "dynamic". I refuse to pay the $250 setup fee I would have to to get a static IP form my ISP also. So I am stuck trying to find a way to send mail.

With all the people out there using ISPConfig on "residential broadband" connections there has to be a few that have it setup to handle mail properly with this issue. Any ideas?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. kameleon25

kameleon25 New Member

Thank you till! I have searcehed for the how to on that and I guess I just did not know the exact terms to search for. ;) I must say you totally rock! Thanks again.