Setup on VPS

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by d1m, May 22, 2006.

1. d1m

d1m New Member

Hi all.

I have an installation on the VPS server. There is not so much memory and swap, so during the compilation of PHP making fails with "No memory left" message. Setup-script then deletes all installation folder. I've modify compile-script, and have compile some of sources by own hands, and only in this way I installed it.
    Is there another easiest way to avoid immediate aborting if something doesn't compiles good? Or an way to retry compilation without deleting already built objects?

PS: sorry for my bad English.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You'd have to modify the setup scripts, especially setup2 and compile_aps/compile.

3. d1m

d1m New Member

Will be some avoiding of such cleaning in next releases? I think I'm not only one who faced such issue.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

No. The directory will always be deleted to avoid that people try to install again from the same directory which doesn't work because the files in that directory change during installation.

But why don't you create a tar.gz of the folder with your changes before you start the installation? That way you can unpack that tar.gz if the installation fails and don't have to modify the same files again.