Sftp problem

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by mneimne, Jul 29, 2013.

1. mneimne

mneimne New Member

Hi i recently installed ISPConfig on centos 6.2 all was fine and working as expected, until yesterday i tried to connect using sftp. I had connection timed out errors and i could no more connect using filezilla unless i change the connection time out to more than 60 seconds.

P.S : i can connect to ssh using the terminal without any delay. and i used the terminal sftp client and it ran smoothly. also i changed the ssl recently.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check syslog and messages log for errors.

3. mneimne

mneimne New Member

Syslogs

PHP:
    Jul 29 15:45:57 xxxxx pure-ftpd: (?@::1) [INFO] New connection from ::1
    Jul 29 15
    :45:57 xxxxx pure-ftpd: (?@::1) [INFOLogout.

This is the output of system logs of course repeated.

4. mneimne

mneimne New Member

did a system reboot , everything is fine now, but m curious to know what happened , first i thought it was fail2ban or the the iptables, i shut them both down but nothing happened. where should i start digging.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You posted above some records from pure-ftpd. But SFTP is not a FTP protocol, it is a ssh protocoll, this is often mixed up. So the SFTP connectivity is provided by the ssh daemon and not by the ftp daemon and it requires a ssh user for login and not a FTP user. If you wnat to use secure FTP, then the protocol is named FTPS (with the S at teh end of the name).