Shared IP, where is the default page of my websites ?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jeanjacquesjeanjacques, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Dear ISPconfig users,

I would like to manage 3 personal websites with my debian perfect setup and isp config.
    Everything is fine excepted that i can't find the index.html page related to each of my website, when i do www.domain1.com inside my browser i arrive on the page telling me that i'm using a shared IP. When i try to go on the www.domain2.com i'm arriving on the same webpage entitled "Welcome !" Shared IP...
    I had a look at the httpd.conf and the included file from ISPconfig dealing with the virtual host but i must say that i don't know where my webpages are.
    I thought that each webpage related to a website was situated in the the folder /home/www/www.domain1.com/web/ but apparently not.

I am a bit lost could you help me ?

Thanks !

:eek:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you arrive o the shared IP page, then you configured your websites wrong. Please check that the IP that you selected for the websites in ispconfig is identical with the ip where the domain of the website points to! If you are in a NAT enviroment, the IP of the website must be your local IP address of the server.

3. Ok it's working partially now. Thank you till !
    But now i have a big trouble, i have the same index.html for every website.
    My environement is the following, a router with a public IP Adress is forwarding the port 80 to my debian perfect setup web server running ISP.
    I have 3 websites but only one public adress.

Do i need to add some specific apache directives in order to be able to run 3 websites with one public ip adress ?

Best regards,

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats no problem. The vhosts in ISPConfig are namebased. You can have several hundred websites on the same IP in ISPConfig.

Just add 3 websites with 3 different domains and set as IP your internal Ip where you forwarded port 80.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you use the FQDNs (e.g. www.domain1.com, www.domain2.com, ...) to access the web sites? Maybe it's you router that doesn't pass on the FQDNs to Apache (Apache uses name based vhosts in order to decide which web site it has to serve...).