shouldn't reseller be able to use/create template?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by alxgomz, May 25, 2011.

1. alxgomz

alxgomz New Member

Hello,

I am using ispconfig3 and am uite surprised to see that being a reseller do not allow to use template to create clients neither to be able to create my own client template.

The only way I can access templating as a reseller is to change to user type to admin... but in that case I have access to items that do not belong to me not even to my customer (for example I ca nedit sites created by 'admin')

Am i doing something wrong or is it just impossible with ispconfig?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The template function is available only for administrators. It is not implemented for resellers.

3. alxgomz

alxgomz New Member

Thanks.

Indeed I saw only admin can use template. I would consider set my reseller as an admin to allow them using template. Unfortunately If I do that they can access items that do not belong to them? Is it normal? is it a bug?

If it's normal this could be a feature request, it's quite annoying for resellers to have to manually define the limits of all their clients.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is normal. As on any computer system, a administrator is defined as a user which has access to all settings of a computer system. And so it is implemented in ispconfig as well. If you ad more root users on a linux server, they have access to all files as well, so if you add more administrators to ispconfig, they can access all settings of course.

If you like zo make a feature request, please post it in the bugtracker:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org