Simple questions

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by TheNTW, Mar 21, 2008.

1. TheNTW

TheNTW New Member

I'm new to ISPconfig and so I don't understand a few things.

Got ISPconfig installed. Now when I go to Manage -> Settings
    and fill the following fields:

I press "Save" but nothing happens. I mean - settings aren't saved, cause the next time when I try to Manage -> Settings, I have the old settings. How to fix this ?

Another thing.
    Where can I find the https://ispconfig.mysite.com:81 files ? I searched in apache config virtual host files but well, no success. I wanted to change the server settings manually, but without them I can't do that.

Another thing.
    Where are the Hosts saved ? When I create a new site, it's saved, but at /var/www/ i can't see the site, neither the "reseller"

Another thing.
    How abou MySQL Access, how could I offer my clients phpmyAdmin access ( On Ubuntu 7.10 ) ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you install the idpconfig mysql dump manually? If yes, zhis will cause the problems you described as the ISPconfig installer has to create the database and mysql tables automatically.

3. TheNTW

TheNTW New Member

Yeah. I Did install manually.
    So, I have to re-install.... ? How do I Uninstall ISPc, or just install over the old installisation ?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Execute:

/etc/init.d/ispconfig_server stop
    rm -rf /root/ispconfig
    rm -rf /home/admispconfig

then delete the mysql database.

Before you install again, make sure that no database exists with the name that you choose for the ispconfig database and thet the mysql user has root permissions that you use for the isponfig setup.

5. TheNTW

TheNTW New Member

Thank you. Was useful.
    Seems like I've figured everything out. Only one more thing. I Hate the Chaos which is in the /var/www foler. Is there a way to make each reseller his own folder and then the client's sites could go under the resseller.
    That would be just awesome.