Site backups are not being created

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by miguelpinheiro, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Hi!
    I read the manual to check if there is any missing configuration reagarding automatic site backups and it seems I have all the options correctly configured.

I tried:

1) set in Server config: Backup web files owned by web user as zip. Then choose Daily Backups and keep last 3 in backup tab of the site I want to backup.

Result: Nothing happens and aparrently no errors in cron jobs.

2) set in Server config: Backup all files in web directory as root user. Then choose Daily Backups and keep last 3 in backup tab of the site I want to backup.

Result: Backup created with all files BUT without any MySQL tables.

I'm using ISPConfig 3.0.5.3 on Debian Wheezy.

Can anyone help me sort this out? What info should I check to see why the backups are not being created or are created without any MySQL database?

Regards.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check that the mysql root password in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf is correct.

3. Thanks for the tip. I was checking and the root password is correctly set here.

4. till

Ok, Then check in the database settings in ispconfig, if the website is selected there to that the database belongs.

5. I checked that. It seems all ok.

I'm attaching an image..

By the way, I'm using IspConfig admin panel to se the backups with my admin user instead of using a client's user. I mention this because I read that when adding cron jobs with admin user, it automatically executes them in chrooted. I know this is nothing to do with the backups but just in case...

Attached Files:

6. till

Thats ok. For the backup it does not make a difference which user has done the settings.

Please run:

apt-get install sudo zip

to see if the sudo and zip packages are installed on the server.

7. Did it. It seems I already had those packages installed.

8. Hi Till.

I've checked again the backup tonight and it was created BUT no MySql tables are being saved. My backup mode is "Backup all files in web directory as root user".

Can you please confirm that the MySql database linked to the site where I'm executing the backup, should be saved inside the backup archive in the path:

/var/run/mysqld?

Can you please advise on what to look to see possibles errors? Any error log that I can look into?

Thanks in advance.
    Regards.

Miguel

9. till

No, the mysql backup archive is stored in the same folder then the web archive. It is just a separate .zip file which contains a .sql file.

Is this a single or multiserver setup?

Do you have errors in the /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log file?

10. It is a single server.

I saw in the cron.log a line that seems to be the reason to not backup the mysql database:

It seems that a table is missing although in the schema it was mentioned. I've managed to create that table.

Besides that error, I a got those warnings:

Thu Dec 5 00:30:01 CET 2013 [new_unode] Warning: String exceeds storage size (512)
    Thu Dec 5 00:30:02 CET 2013 Warning: Truncating oversized request field [96]
    Thu Dec 5 00:30:02 CET 2013 Warning: Truncating oversized request field [2275]
    Thu Dec 5 00:30:02 CET 2013 Warning: Truncating oversized request field [7943]
    Thu Dec 5 00:30:02 CET 2013 Warning: Truncating oversized request field [9159]
    Thu Dec 5 00:30:02 CET 2013 Warning: Truncating oversized request field [10587]
    Thu Dec 5 00:30:02 CET 2013 Warning: Truncating oversized request field [14634]
    Thu Dec 5 00:30:02 CET 2013 Warning: Truncating oversized request field [16037]
    Thu Dec 5 00:30:02 CET 2013 Warning: Truncating oversized request field [16261]
    Thu Dec 5 00:30:02 CET 2013 Warning: Truncating oversized request field [25433]
    Thu Dec 5 00:30:02 CET 2013 Warning: Truncating oversized request field [28199]
    Thu Dec 5 00:30:02 CET 2013 Warning: Truncating oversized request field [31000]
    Thu Dec 5 00:30:02 CET 2013 [new_snode] Warning: String exceeds storage size (134)
    Thu Dec 5 00:30:02 CET 2013 [new_snode] Warning: String exceeds storage size (134)
    Thu Dec 5 00:30:02 CET 2013 Warning! 14 month gap detected! (10/2012 to 12/2013)

I have no clue on how to solve them :(

Anyway, I will see if with the creation of the missing table I will be able to backup the mysql databases.

Thank you for the hints Till.
    Regards.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013