Site for Hostname

Discussion in 'General' started by dclardy, Sep 2, 2010.

1. dclardy

dclardy Member

I just set up an ISPConfig 3 server on Debian as a development server for me, and I am running into an issue. I am trying to set a site for the hostname of the site. It is munin.clardyhost.com. It is just showing the it works site. I would like for it show me munin.

Any ideas on why this is not working? I deleted and readded the site, but it did not help.

Thanks.

Also, I am glad to be back. It has been awhile since I have been in the forums, but it is great to see that ISPConfig is going strong.

2. Ghostdare

Ghostdare Member

I think that you must put your files directly in /var/www (i did that on my server not to show "It's works!" - actually I've modified the index.html) or create a redirect from clardyhost.com to munin.clardyhost.com.

3. dclardy

dclardy Member

While, I can do that. I am not sure that is how it is supposed to work. If I have a site setup for the hostname, the vhost should be read.

Another ideas? Do I need to delete the default vhost?

Thanks.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Is munin.clardyhost.com used anywhere else in your Apache configuration? What are the outputs of
    Code:
    hostname
    and
    Code:
    hostname -f
    ?

5. dclardy

dclardy Member

Those commands show munin.clardyhost.com

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Ok, you can either change the hostname, or you set a ServerName in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.