Site settings seem not to be taking effect

Discussion in 'General' started by kalifr, Feb 21, 2022.

Tags:
  1. kalifr

kalifr New Member

I have tried several times to disable a site but the settings do not seem to work. I unchecked the Active checkbox and saved. The settings look like they saved successfully. The red saving notification disappears without error. When I revisit the site settings page Active remains unchecked. The only problem is that the site is still accessible as if nothing happened. I also tried to disable SSL and PHP just to knock the site offline by whichever means but still nothing.

The given site in sites list is highlighted in red, which to me indicates that it is not active, but in real sense when I visit the site front end it still works. I have tried incognito window and even a different computer but it is still working perfectly.

Has anyone experienced the same? What could be causing this? Please find a settings screenshot below. I suppose this should be enough to have a website offline.
    upload_2022-2-21_19-17-44.png

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is the site behind a cdn like cloudflare?

3. kalifr

kalifr New Member

No, I do not have CDN

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's the website admin protection feature. A website created by the admin is locked so that settings can only be changed by the admin and not the client.

5. kalifr

kalifr New Member

I'm logged in as admin, but it looks like the client was added by reseller. Is there something you would like me to try? Thank you sir.

6. till

Hmm, ok. as admin you should be able to change this of course. Maybe a database table is crashed. Login to phpmyadmin as root user, go to the dbispconfig database, select all tables and run a repair and optimize on them.

7. kalifr

kalifr New Member

ok, I did this on panel.mydomain.com, the 2 operations succeeded. Still I can access the disabled site publicly. Should I mention that I'm running a multi server set up? Please advice. Thanks a lot.

8. till

9. kalifr

kalifr New Member

10. till

The debug output looks fine indeed, as you can see:

Code:
    Debug    Removing symlink: /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/100-yourdomain.co.ug.vhost->/etc/apache2/sites-available/yourdomain.co.ug.vhost
    So the site was successfully disabled. Have a look into the folder /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ to see if there is still a symlink for the site after you disabled it and the changes have been processed. Possible reasons that there is still a config for that site in sites-enabled folder might be that you e.g. edited a site config file with an editor and the editor made a backup copy of the file or you used certbot manually on the shell, which creates a duplicate config as well which can't be disabled anymore by ISPConfig.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2022